Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is.
In the meantime I realised that now all eight USB ports are working right. A first step :thumbup:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 106
Here it is.
In the meantime I realised that now all eight USB ports are working right. A first step :thumbup:

USB is off-topic. Add Change PEGP to GFX0 to ACPI, DSDT, Patches.

Code:
Change PEGP to GFX0

Should I add Boolean option too (like you told in another reply above)? I did, and get a crash at the first boot. Second reboot let mi login, but after half boot progress bar, screen went all black and appeared only with login screen. Previously, at half boot, I had a flash colorised bar, and after that, boot progress went to end and appeared login screen. And now device ID turned to 0x68e0. I attach config.plist and System Information screenshots.
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 23.18.00.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 23.27.23.png

For USB ports, it's off-topic, but I guess DSDT remove has adjusted them.

Last edited:
Should I add Boolean option too (like you told in another reply above)? I did, and get a crash at the first boot. Second reboot let mi login, but after half boot progress bar, screen went all black and appeared only with login screen. Previously, at half boot, I had a flash colorised bar, and after that, boot progress went to end and appeared login screen. And now device ID turned to 0x68e0. I attach config.plist and System Information screenshots.
View attachment 263334
View attachment 263335
For USB ports, it's off-topic, but I guess DSDT remove has adjusted them.

Screenshot looks fine. Graphics looks like its working.

Screenshot looks fine, and I'm greatfull for your effort to help me, but sadly the computer the computer behaves exactly as before.
Do you think that with a nvidia geforce gt 730 I could have more luck? Or have you any suggestion for a not expensive, low profile, video card for my hackintosh?

Screenshot looks fine, and I'm greatfull for your effort to help me, but sadly the computer the computer behaves exactly as before.
Do you think that with a nvidia geforce gt 730 I could have more luck? Or have you any suggestion for a not expensive, low profile, video card for my hackintosh?

Which 5450 variant are you using? Is it a XFX model? GT730 is off-topic.

Which 5450 variant are you using? Is it a XFX model? GT730 is off-topic.
It's an ASUS. This: ASUS branded Radeon HD5450
P.S.: I just noticed that the sound was gone, and from which I understand, it's related to graphic card, so it should not be OT. May be, I could be wrong,but in Windows I didn't see any audio device except "AMD High Definition Audio Device".
Schermata.png

Last edited:
After the last reboot, audio works again. But video crashed again yesterday while surfing internet.

Ioreg shows ATY is working. What sort of crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back