Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, if you have any advice on how to install the Clover boot loader to the SSD, that would be awesome. I used MultiBeast and selected the UEFI option from the bootloader section, but when it boots it show the 'no entry' symbol on boot.

If i boot from the USB stick it all works as expected. I have Nvidia Web Drivers installed and booting with my GTX970 OC card.

Installing Clover to your SSD should be simple. However I would like to see the drive partitions on this system before proceeding.

Please boot into OS X and open the terminal app. Type "diskutil list" (without the quotes) and press enter.
Copy the terminal screen and paste it into your next post to this thread.

Good modding,
neil

Thank you. So i finally was able to install El Capitan on my Hackintosh.

Sadly, after install Multibeast Driver, eject boot-USB and doing the restart, the boot from the Macintosh SSD Partition failed again. I can't enter the MAC OS a second time :confused: again the apple turn to the prohibitory symbol. What i am doing wrong ... :/

Info: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti is already removed.

Any idea?

Felix

Is the SSD the only drive in the system? Can you get into the system by using the USB installer?

Good modding,
neil

Is the SSD the only drive in the system? Can you get into the system by using the USB installer?

Good modding,
neil

Yes the SSD is the only drive in my system. If i try to boot from USB second time, the system boots alike from the SSD and i get the prohibitory symbol by halfway trough the booting.

Info: I've used the 'corrected-config.plist' you attached, could that be the problem?

Many thanks,
Felix

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS MacSSD 499.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2 (external, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *16.1 GB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS OSXBOOT 15.8 GB disk2s2

disk0 is a linux SSD, disk1 is MacSSD & disk2 is the USB Stick. D disk0 is sliced into partitions, but they are not showing as I have chown'd them so I can run the linux in a virtual box when booting OSX.

I'm using the system so I can either boot directly into linux or into OSX by selecting a different boot device. (just for simplicity at the moment)

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS MacSSD 499.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3
/dev/disk2 (external, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *16.1 GB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS OSXBOOT 15.8 GB disk2s2

disk0 is a linux SSD, disk1 is MacSSD & disk2 is the USB Stick. D disk0 is sliced into partitions, but they are not showing as I have chown'd them so I can run the linux in a virtual box when booting OSX.

I'm using the system so I can either boot directly into linux or into OSX by selecting a different boot device. (just for simplicity at the moment)

Okay I am not up on dual booting with LINUX.

I would change the order so that the OS X SSD is first in the boot order (make it disk0 by changing the SATA cables at the motherboard SATA ports).

Sorry that I can not offer more support.

Good modding,
neil

Yes the SSD is the only drive in my system. If i try to boot from USB second time, the system boots alike from the SSD and i get the prohibitory symbol by halfway trough the booting.

Info: I've used the 'corrected-config.plist' you attached, could that be the problem?

Many thanks,
Felix

Please download the config.plist from post # 40 and place it in your Clover folder on your USB installer's EFI partition. This config.plist is set for booting without a GPU installed.

You may now be able to boot the installed OS. If not, then boot into the USB installer and reinstall El Capitan.

Good modding,
neil

Please download the config.plist from post # 40 and place it in your Clover folder on your USB installer's EFI partition. This config.plist is set for booting without a GPU installed.

You may now be able to boot the installed OS. If not, then boot into the USB installer and reinstall El Capitan.

Good modding,
neil

Tried it.

Still doesn't work to boot from the HTF :( after succeeded installation.
Are there maybe any options in the Clover menu i have to anable/disable?

Do you think it's a graphic problem? I could test booting with an old GTX 690, if everything runs i could change the cards and if it is compatibe with the nvidia web drivers.

Many thanks,
Felix

Okay I am not up on dual booting with LINUX.

I would change the order so that the OS X SSD is first in the boot order (make it disk0 by changing the SATA cables at the motherboard SATA ports).

Sorry that I can not offer more support.

Good modding,
neil

Hi, Changing the boot order doesn't matter in the case, since I am manually booting from the drive that has OSX installed. The boot order only effects which one is the one that auto boots first.

I figured out how to fix the issue, it's quite simple really. (This post gave me the idea)

Boot your machine and go to Terminal.

I did the following after identify the EFI partitions for the usb stick and the ssd drive

Code:
mkdir /Volumes/efiusbsticksudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/efiusbstick
mkdir /Volumes/efimacssdsudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efimacssd

I then did a comparisons of the folders of USB EFI vs SSD EFI and could see that the files config.plist and the Clover RealTek Audio where not updated. I just copied the files over and then booted from the SSD, Bingo. All Good.

Thanks for your help :)

I finally fixed the boot problem, during the same like maninvan. Thanks for that

:D

Now i only have to do the post installation for the 980 ti, hope i get done it soon. I'm happy if there is any specific guide to have for the Z170i.

Many thanks,
Felix

bigjimmy -

Q-1. did you have to use the nvme kexts? have you compare the performance of the drive with/ without the kext?

A-1 I do not own a nvme device, mine is AHCI so I have no experience in that area.

Q-2. what's your hackintosh's wake time after sleep?

A-2 Yes wake after sleep works (most of the time). I have seen where the audio does not work after sleep. This is no big deal as I use it as a workstation and just power off the display when I am away from the desk.

Q-3. did you install audio over HDMI? I did, but my volume icon is greyed out when it's output thru HDMI?

Edit 03/04/16 I did use the script: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/184867-new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.html and now have audio over HDMI. And note the volume is controlled by the HDMI connected device.

A-3 No I do not use audio of HDMI so did not set that up. I have a JEC TC-716 6 station audio switch along with Lepai stereo amplifier that I use with three of four workstations.

Q-4. is it needed to install the SSDT of the mother board? what benefit does it do? Skylake Starter Guide

A-4 I do not know. You can easily drop it out and test to see if there is a difference on your set up.

Q-5. have you gotten the BT to work? (i like to use the airdrop function, which is currently disabled on my hackintosh)

A-5 I have had no success with the M.2 WiFi/BT module on this system. Internet rumor has it that there are 100 pieces of a sample build of modules that is compatible with OS X... If I needed BT, I would use a USB dongle for now.

Good modding,
neil

hi neil

thank you for your replies, I've tried a few thing as you suggested, thought I share my result
Q1. regarding NVMe driver, I removed it from the patched folder, and I couldn't boot into my OSX, could only do so with my USB, and I did tried to benchmark and found that it is faster with NVMe driver.
Q3. thanks for the info, but even after updating the file, my volume icon is still greyed out (i assume it's due to the support of audio over hdmi on my graphic card (Asus Strix GTX970)
Q4. after I couldn't boot into my OSX, I am hesitant to tried this :(,

thanks again for your great tutorial and your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back