Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've tried to follow the guide step by step, by when I insert my USB into my machine and try to boot from the USB, it just comes up with a progress bar and then this "error sign".

Can someone please help me? I've tried everything, including checking all BIOS settings, put the USB into different ports and trying to remove the limitations on the USB stick...

MB: h170n-wifi
CPU: Skylake i5 6600K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750Ti

Attachments

• IMG_20170726_104856.jpg
    IMG_20170726_104856.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've tried to follow the guide step by step, by when I insert my USB into my machine and try to boot from the USB, it just comes up with a progress bar and then this "error sign".

Can someone please help me? I've tried everything, including checking all BIOS settings, put the USB into different ports and trying to remove the limitations on the USB stick...
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Hi guys,

MB: h170n-wifi
CPU: Skylake i5 6600K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750Ti

For some reason, when double clicking on the external drive on the clover screen, I had the same problem. I went to the boot menu to choose and then it worked.

After turning on your computer, when instructed on the screen, choose F12 Boot Menu.
Choose UEFI with your USB name.

For some reason, when double clicking on the external drive on the clover screen, I had the same problem. I went to the boot menu to choose and then it worked.

After turning on your computer, when instructed on the screen, choose F12 Boot Menu.
Choose UEFI with your USB name.

So, you just went to BIOS and set the boot to UEFI USB Installer? Or did you do something else too? Sorry, I just dont understand your answer completely :(

Oh, sorry. I've updated my recent post with specs.
Great, now please put them in your profile as per the rules :

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Consider starting a new thread of your own instead of posting in this guide.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

So, you just went to BIOS and set the boot to UEFI USB Installer? Or did you do something else too? Sorry, I just dont understand your answer completely :(

On my system, before the clover screen displays, a gigabyte screen shows up first. On the bottom of that screen, it gives me a few options: F12 Boot Menu, etc. I press my F12 key then I'm given a list of boot devices. I chose UEFI USB Installer. I don't understand why it worked that way and not from the clover screen, but it did.

Hi...

i'm following your instruction

but when i start to run MAC OS from the USB... after the first apple logo... appear this...
View media item 189212

i have to wait more? or is an error?

i'm installing SIERRA not EL CAPITAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back