Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there isnt a way to get the internal audio working?
step 1: purchase a USB sound card
step 2: enjoy sound

;)
LOL wut? USB sound card?
Are you on El Capitan?
AppleALC+Lilu = worked for me. Audio jack, microphone jack, HDMI - working. Fully working on Sierra.
Only delete all sound patches from config.plist and delete FakePCIID.kext (it's not gonna break wifi and bluetooth) and realtekALC.kext from kexts folders like Library/Extensions and EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/

But if just need HDMI sound, easier to install https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI (I think it works on both platforms, El Capitan and Sierra)

LOL wut? USB sound card?
Are you on El Capitan?
AppleALC+Lilu = worked for me. Audio jack, microphone jack, HDMI - working. Fully working on Sierra.
Only delete all sound patches from config.plist and delete FakePCIID.kext (it's not gonna break wifi and bluetooth) and realtekALC.kext from kexts folders like Library/Extensions and EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/

But if just need HDMI sound, easier to install https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI (I think it works on both platforms, El Capitan and Sierra)
Already failed at step 2 there isnt any hdmi audio ssdt the command isnt doing anything by the looks of it

you can get the internal audio to work but if you don't want to mess around with kext and settings, USB works without doing anything.

I followed the instructions and run the script again this is the output:
File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d

Release Mode

EFI partition is mounted

HDMI audio codec(s)

Nvidia: 0x10de0080

Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled

Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y

Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1c82 found on PEG0@1/GFX0@0

Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Proces voltooid]

Rebooted but still doesnt work..

I followed the instructions and run the script again this is the output:
File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d

Release Mode

EFI partition is mounted

HDMI audio codec(s)

Nvidia: 0x10de0080

Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled

Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y

Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1c82 found on PEG0@1/GFX0@0

Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Proces voltooid]

Rebooted but still doesnt work..

Did you run audio_CloverALC script before this?
Hmm can't say anything about HDMI sound using graphics card... I used internal graphics, HD530 and it worked right after this script that you run (of course I run first audio_CloverALC, it didn't do any good just added bunch of audio inputs in Sound Controls, but all of them wasn't working).

maybe try AppleALC+Lilu?

Did you run audio_CloverALC script before this?
Hmm can't say anything about HDMI sound using graphics card... I used internal graphics, HD530 and it worked right after this script that you run (of course I run first audio_CloverALC, it didn't do any good just added bunch of audio inputs in Sound Controls, but all of them wasn't working).

maybe try AppleALC+Lilu?
Forgot to mount EFI while running audio_cloveralc. Front audio is working now, back still isn't. I also can't control the fan speed. Yes , I installed hwmonitor and fakesmc via MultiBeast....

Well at least front is working. I had the same result, but I have only back outputs so for me cloveralc didn't do any good, only cloverHDMI.
If you run audio_CloverHDMI now, it will probably work and enable audio over HDMI.

I still recommend AudioALC dynamic patching. This works 100% on all ports right after install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back