Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am using an almost identical build (same mobo, i5 6500, 16gb corsair ram). Everything works great, but ethernet is really unstable (loses connection / IP every 5-10min). i tried mausi and intel with multibeast. any suggestions what i could try?

i am using an almost identical build (same mobo, i5 6500, 16gb corsair ram). Everything works great, but ethernet is really unstable (loses connection / IP every 5-10min). i tried mausi and intel with multibeast. any suggestions what i could try?
Which Ethernet port are you using?

Hello, I used this guide and built my fist computer last August. I had been very happy with my build.
  • Streacom F1C-WS
  • [URL='http://amazon.com/?tag=tonymacx86com-20[/URL]
For whatever reason my computer went to a black screen and upon restart it only goes straight into bios screen now. Loading in safe mode does. It help and hold F12 no boot devices are available just "enter setup". What should I do?

Things that may be contributing issues: I never got the screen sleep issue resolved or the ram issue (only thought I had 16). I just moved to Japan from the US, it had been working fine when I'd used it for and hour here and there the past 2-3 days. Could it be the voltage change from 120 to 100 here in Japan? Lastly, hours before the crash I did receive the "unauthorized caller" error while watching a video in full screen. I clicked ok as it was the only option, nothing occurred it went away and I continued to watch until the crash.

Initial googling shows that the "unauthorized caller" isn't a hackintosh issue, but it does cause some strange things (as I've said, loading in safe mode did no good, nothing's there). Bios is still set up via guide's instructions. Any ideas?

*Edit: 12 hours later it started right up, albeit with default settings, but with all my files.

...but everything has crashed again. This time I could navigate and start up the proper drive but the white apple logo in the middle of the screen turned into a crossed out circle.

Yet again, could I please get some input?

Last edited by a moderator:
Customize the USB install drive so all USB ports on the machine are recognized for the installer. UniBeast should have left a drive mounted that appears as "EFI" in Finder. Go to that drive and:
  • Go to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and copy the USBInjectall.kext you downloaded (get it from the "Release" directory of the ZIP) into 10.11/ AND 10.10/ (must be in both!)
  • Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Would you mind elaborating on what you mean in these two bullets? Are we supposed to paste and replace the pre-existing USBInjectall.kext files?

And also, could you elaborate on how to properly alter the clover config.plist with the new .plist (h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist) file please? I apologize. I'm a beginner at this.

Do I need a different config.plist as I am using a AMD R9 390X GPU?

Thanks and apologies if its a silly question, I'm very new to this!

Last edited:
Hello guys, sorry if my comment is stupid, but i am really new at this. I have this current PC configuration:
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
Intel Kaby Lake Core i5-7600K
Corsair VS series 450W
DDR4 8GB 2133MHz CL14 Hyper X Fury Black Kingston
SSD

With Kaby Lake and H170N will it be possible to build hackintosh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back