Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
man you cant have both USBInjectall.kext in the same folder,just overwrite the kext.

Sorry for being unclear, so the old USBInjectall.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ 10.10 and 10.11 should be overwrited!?

I also wonder what to do when I have copied the h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist to EFI/CLOVER/. Should I delete the old one named just config.plist or should I keep both h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist and config.plist in the EFI/CLOVER/?

Last edited:
Sorry for being unclear, so the old USBInjectall.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ 10.10 and 10.11 should be overwrited!?

I also wonder what to do when I have copied the h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist to EFI/CLOVER/. Should I delete the old one named just config.plist or should I keep both h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist and config.plist in the EFI/CLOVER/?
yes should be overwrited,remember you cant keep both files,yes you need to rename h170n-wifi-nvidia-config.plist to config.plist

I'm having a lot of issues with wifi dropping and the turning off and on wifi only fixes it for a few minutes.

Rebooting fixes it for about an hour or so.

Have you guys experienced this?

I have the recommended BCM94352Z wifi card with the installed kexts from rehabman.

I don't know where to begin to diagnose or tweak this.

Thanks

See post #1193 for updated information!

I just installed el cap for the first time on my Z170N-WIFI build and the installation went well but now I have hard times trying to figure out how to set the right ram values and what graphics driver I should download?

1. problem with the memory is that I have installed Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB) (2x16gb) but the max in clover config is just 8gb
full

2. On the download link for nivida graphics driver it says "In order to run Mac OS X Applications that leverage the CUDA architecture of certain NVIDIA graphics cards, users will need to download and install the 7.5.26 driver for Mac located here."
I post a picture below! Should I download the driver from that link or the normal link?
I have the gtx 960 2gb btw!!
full

Also I got audio to work a first but now it doesn´t work anymore!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 19.16.32.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 19.16.32.png
    159 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 19.18.20.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 19.18.20.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I have the same ram issue as you, @olleolsson

All of my ram isn't being recognized either.

I got my audio working by following the guide here
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/

and using the audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip script

Are you having issues with wifi? My wifi seems to drop after some time and only a reboot would fix it.

I haven´t receive my wifi chip yet unfortunately. but the same that that happens to your wifi is happening with my audio!

Just little update on my installation progress! I managed to install graphics driver and CUDA driver and then the correct ram information was just there. I´m still not managed to enter the right ram values in Clover config. because there is no 16gb alternative but on "about this mac" everything its right! So am I good to go about the ram then?
full

I also wonder if I should use NVIDIA Web Drivers or OS X Default Graphics Drivers in the System Preferences?
full

I recognised that I have sleep/wake issue with the audio, no sound after sleeping! I have search for a solution up haven´t found any easy methods for a beginner like me! plz help?

At least I wonder if there is something more I need to set up or change to get a optimised Mackintosh?

Thanks

Just little update on my installation progress! I managed to install graphics driver and CUDA driver and then the correct ram information was just there. I´m still not managed to enter the right ram values in Clover config. because there is no 16gb alternative but on "about this mac" everything its right! So am I good to go about the ram then?
full

I also wonder if I should use NVIDIA Web Drivers or OS X Default Graphics Drivers in the System Preferences?
full

I recognised that I have sleep/wake issue with the audio, no sound after sleeping! I have search for a solution up haven´t found any easy methods for a beginner like me! plz help?

At least I wonder if there is something more I need to set up or change to get a optimised Mackintosh?

Thanks

Have you tried Codeccommander?

If yes, try darkwake=no flag in Clover

It seems have solved my audio sleep issue

And in my experience NV driver is better

NV driver seems to have more stable and better FPS on gaming

Trying to work out a few more quirks with my hackintosh build:

1. If I walk away from the computer for a few hours (without putting it to sleep), come back, and turn on the monitor, the wifi will work for about a minute then just stop functioning. The only way to get it back is to restart the computer. Any idea on how to fix this?
2. When I lose the wifi, the wireless mouse is more difficult to use (it becomes slower and jerky). I hope that this is linked to the wifi issue.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
A special thanks to Ni6htWalker for all the previous help.

• H170N-WIFI
  • Core i7-6700
  • 2x16 GB DDR4-2400 Crucial Ballistix Sport
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 Evo 500GB 2.5" SSD
  • BCM94352Z chip m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card

Hi,
My setup with hd530 is running so far but unfortunately I only get 1080p resolution max on my asus rog 34" monitor. Z170n wifi board has only hdmi. How can I set the resolution to native 3440x1440?
- OS is latest El Capitan.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back