Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i just get home!!i removed one of the 8 gbs of memory ram and guess what system its stable,no apps crash,no system preferences crash,no firefox crash and the most important "no system reboot":headbang: im not sure if the 8 gbs ram is bad or the slot of the motherboard is not working,i will do some test later tonight or tomorrow.

well i just get home!!i removed one of the 8 gbs of memory ram and guess what system its stable,no apps crash,no system preferences crash,no firefox crash and the most important "no system reboot":headbang: im not sure if the 8 gbs ram is bad or the slot of the motherboard is not working,i will do some test later tonight or tomorrow.

Good news. Sounds like that could be the source of your issues. Makes sense that it is hardware as the guide works but wasn't for you.

I'm stuck at step 4 of the El Capitan install. I've only seen one bar and it never moves, 4hr+. I've tried both an 8gb and 64gb flash drives. I'm unsure if it's my build or how I set up the drives. Suggestions? I have this exact build, except I have 32gb ddr4 RAM. http://snazzylabs.com/article/skylake-mac-mini-hackintosh/

start installing El Capitan with only 8gbs
Good news. Sounds like that could be the source of your issues. Makes sense that it is hardware as the guide works but wasn't for you.

yeah man,tonight or tomorrow i will order a new set of 2x8 gbs of ram,i tested both motherboard slots so the motherboard its ok.

Sorry but i dont understand step 13 of the post installation the config.plist file i cant find it.

Sorry but i dont understand step 13 of the post installation the config.plist file i cant find it.

you need to download one of the following config.plist files:
as you can see in this section of this guide.

Prepare Bootable USB Drive Installer This whole section should be performed on the working Mac/Hackintosh

on step 7

Customize the USB install drive so all USB ports on the machine are recognized for the installer. UniBeast should have left a drive mounted that appears as "EFI" in Finder. Go to that drive and:
  • Go to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and copy the USBInjectall.kext you downloaded (get it from the "Release" directory of the ZIP) into 10.11/ AND 10.10/ (must be in both!)
  • Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
you dont need to follow step 13 for the config.plist because you already followed step 7

just follow the next steps for section 13...

Copy the following files from your postinstall directory to the EFI partition:

• Any SSDTs to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Hi, I've got problem with sleep.. I can't figure out what I've done, it was working fine and recently it can't go to sleep..It just put the screen on sleep..

Any solution ? Anything that I can provide in order to see what's the problem ?

Thank you !

[ATTACHED : Console logs during a "sleep" AND Config.plist]

(FIXED : It was actually a mac problem ( not mackintosh ) : after doing a pmset -g assertions found something with
"org.cups.cupsd" and I delete a printer and it is working again !! )

Attachments

• LOGS sleep problems.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 190
  • config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
First time in OS X the menu bar is good,
After install MultiBeast several times (I have windows 10 installed before install OS X, now dual boot is running good), face a problem.

Problem with text on the menu bar, but text on the right (date, time...) and text in sub menu is good.
I have tried to change to dark menu bar mode, but can't fix it.

Please help! (menu bar images in attachment)

Hi I'm having exactly the same issue, did you find a fix for it?

well i just get the new pack of 2 ram sticks,installed and BINGO no reboots,no app crash:clap: my memory ram is 2400 MHz but in about this mac my ram show as 2132 MHz,i dont know if i need to adjust something on the bios,clover to fix the correct memory ram speed on the "About this Mac"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back