Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have got everything up and running, thank you all for the instructions!

I have a problem dual booting windows 10 from the clover menu, it goes to a black screen with a blinking "-". However, if I press F12 and select my SSD "... partition 1" I am able to boot into windows.

I noticed my windows 10 partition is in partition "disk0s4" is there a way to manually input that in Clover so that the windows option will actually direct to this partition when selecting windows in the boot menu?

10.11.6 successfully installed :)

Hey,

I'm planning to purchase a Gigabyte H170n mobo and i would like to reassure myself in some questions because i've read different things in the topics below.

Can the igp drive a 2560*1440 screen?
Can i use the two HDMI output at the same time (2560*1440+1920*1080)?
Is audio working over HDMI?
Is the Apple BT keyboard/magic keyboard and the magic trackpad working well with the m2 BT/wifi card(the on which the board ships with or with the DW1560)?
Is the BT keyboard working before the OS boot?

I'm following the snazzy build except that I upgraded the processor to an i7-6700. I've tried 2 different MoBo and 3 different power supplies (2 x 160W and a 200W). All combinations are experiencing the same issue. I am seeing a reboot loop before the BIOS is even shown.

I have 2 Ballistix Sport LT (8GB x 2) installed, Broadcom WiFi chip and DVI monitor attached (no SSD installed atm, no keyboard). Power supply installed and is connected to the 4 pin ATX 12v

Connecting power and turning it on, the case and MoBo LEDs light up for 2-5 seconds and then shuts off for 5 seconds and then repeats and the monitor doesn't register any input signal.

Any ideas what may be causing the issue?

I already cleaned the other entries (except HD) and this is what I get after type 'bcfg boot dump'
Should I type '03' in my case?

I'm sorry but the screenshot you post doesn't look like the "bcfg boot dump" screen. In any case, when you type "bcfg boot dump", you should see all the entries, and each entry has something like "Option: 00. Variable....". The number you need to take note is the one I bold.

After u deleted all the non physical entries, take note of the number after the "Option:". The next running number will be the one you should be using.. For e.g., if you see "Option: 02. Variable..." as your last entry, you should be using "bcfg boot add 03 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

I'm sorry but the screenshot you post doesn't look like the "bcfg boot dump" screen. In any case, when you type "bcfg boot dump", you should see all the entries, and each entry has something like "Option: 00. Variable....". The number you need to take note is the one I bold.

After u deleted all the non physical entries, take note of the number after the "Option:". The next running number will be the one you should be using.. For e.g., if you see "Option: 02. Variable..." as your last entry, you should be using "bcfg boot add 03 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"
This is what I got when type 'bcfg boot dump'

9AQ57IH.jpg

So I should type: bcfg boot add 01 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot
I am right?

Yes, 01. Your first entry looks funny thou, u might want to check with others to see if thats ok.

Edit: Maybe check out the thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/ to see if anyone had removed all entries before and how they fixes it.
Finally success! :D

I already create the new entry for boot as Mac Merlin said, then go to OSX, mounted the EFI and changed the name of the folder BOOT to BOOT.bak

I restarted my PC several times and now when I enter to Shell and type bcfg boot dump only see 2 units
I'm attaching the screen capture, just in case someone need for reference:

hyep18V.jpg

Even when I enter in the BIOS only 1 Boot options appears (unlike before)

gorTUVn.jpg

Thanks a lot, Yello!

Last edited:
Hey,

I'm planning to purchase a Gigabyte H170n mobo and i would like to reassure myself in some questions because i've read different things in the topics below.

Can the igp drive a 2560*1440 screen?
Can i use the two HDMI output at the same time (2560*1440+1920*1080)?
Is audio working over HDMI?
Is the Apple BT keyboard/magic keyboard and the magic trackpad working well with the m2 BT/wifi card(the on which the board ships with or with the DW1560)?
Is the BT keyboard working before the OS boot?
The integrated Intel HD530 graphics should be able to drive the 1440p screen as HDMI 1.4 is capable of that resolution. I believe you must install the pixel clock patch first though in order to get HDMI to drive more than 1080p. I am planning on doing this once I upgrade to a 1440p monitor.

Guys
Anybody else having problems with temperature?

I'm using my hackintosh (for first time) for 2-3 hours, no hard work, just browsing and the case is really warm....I went to the BIOS and the temp is like 100.0º C!!!

I turned off for fear of burning the CPU
Any way to fix this? :(

Mt0pejc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back