Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else seem to have alot of redundant duplicates of boot options? with each restart, it adds a new entry.

Attachments

• 2016-06-19 00.59.00.jpg
    2016-06-19 00.59.00.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Hi I purchased the same GA-Z170N-WIFI motherboard and I was wondering how to get wifi setup?
Is it even possible?

Thanks so much

Thank you so much for this guide ammulder! This was my third Hackintosh build, 1st Mini-ITX build, and 1st Skylake build! Everything went great thanks to the wonderfully detailed instructions. I think this is the first time I've ever been able to get into the USB installer on the first boot, clover on the first boot, and boot into OSX successfully on the first try. Everything worked exactly as described.

My specs:

- Gigabyte H170N Wifi ITX board
- Intel Core i3-6600
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) LPX 2133MHz
- Samsung SM951 128GB PCIE SSD (AHCI)
- PNY GTX 960 2GB Reference
- Phanteks Low Profile 120mm CPU Cooler
- Corsair CX430 PSU
- Dell D1560 M.2 Card
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Case

Notes:

- I can't for the life of me get "about this Mac" to only display two ram slots. It's showing 4 with 2 filled. Just cosmetic though.

- Checking "fix shutdown" in Clover resolved both the shutdown reboot loop as well as auto-sleep issues for me. Forced sleep, auto sleep, and wake from sleep all working for me.View attachment 199953

Hey you said you are using the gigabyte H170 motherboard, how did you get the wifi working?

Hey you said you are using the gigabyte H170 motherboard, how did you get the wifi working?
You don't on the included intel wifi. you replace it with a broadcom one. Its listed in the the very first post.

Hey Matt,
Should I use the iMac definitions or the Mac Pro definitions while I am installing with integrated graphics because if I use the iMac definitions, I don't think I'll be able to use the Radeon card later, right?

Thanks

I used the iMac definitions, and it worked fine, you can see in my screenshot above. I don't think it pays strict attention to the definitions.

Cheers,

Matt

Anyone else seem to have alot of redundant duplicates of boot options? with each restart, it adds a new entry.

Yes, I noticed that too. Even if you delete them they seem to come back! That's a bios thing though, right?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Guys

I did the Snazzy Labs Build as well and everything is up and running perfectly. I do have the 'wake' problem, and the memory showing 8gb instead of 16, but that is fine, I know it's 16 and it sure works like it's 16 :)

I have encountered an issue with overheating, and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Like I said I used the Snazzy Build down to the case - Streamcom F1C Evo Mini ITX

I am wondering if this may have something to do with the small form factor of the case that would cause this? Thoughts?

Also I have mounted an old laptop hdd (toshiba 750gb) that was on my mbp - I figure use the space for media files - Could this be the reason for overheating? Would it be a software or hardware issue?

I am looking through the forums for this issue, but I'd appreciate it if anyone had some insight on this specific build.

Thank you!

Amanda

hey is this build gonna work with a 2560x1440p monitor using integrated graphic of intel 6th i5 6500??

Anyone have this board working successfully with a GTX-960 card? I am still having issues with booting.

Hi and thanks for the guide - and giving me hope :)

I can't get past the Apple boot logo...bar doesn't budge no matter how much I beg.... have tried all suggestions from previous posts

Since it's my first attempt at a Hackintosh... I have to also ask some stupid questions:

1. I don't have any USB 2 ports... is that a dealbreaker?

2. Is there something I should add/remove for the ASUS GT730 to make it work? (maybe remove it altogether?..) I did try to order an as-close-as-possible configuration from what is available in my country...

3. Should I be even trying to install with my Dell U2515H connected via HDMI?

I've also tried with an LG VGA monitor (on the GT730) with same luck... is the the ASUS GT730 the problem? or am I missing some small idiotic detail...or something big????

thanks all....

My Configuration
Gigabyte H170n WIFI
BIOS F3
Core i7-6700
2x 8 GB DDR4-2133 CRUCIAL
ASUS GeForce GT 730 2GB
Samsung 850 Evo SATA SSD
Thermaltace Core V1 [case]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back