Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest clover should recognize RAM properly there is no need to fill out the RAM info in your config file anymore

I have a z170n wifi with 2 x 8gb ram and it will not see the 2nd 8gb.. the bios can see it.. any ideas?

I had same issue as well. Only workaround was to check the box "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off"

I did this but still had the wake issue. It would wake the screen's blank. I have tried with both Wake On Lan (BIOS) on and off. Any ideas?

I have a z170n wifi with 2 x 8gb ram and it will not see the 2nd 8gb.. the bios can see it.. any ideas?

I have the same setup and no issues with the 2nd 8GB RAM. I followed the steps below. Make sure to set it up for slots 0 and 2. Also make sure there are 4 slots (2 of them blank as instructed below).
  1. Open Clover Configurator again and open the file EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist again.
  2. Go to the Boot screen on the left. Enter your system drive name (e.g. "Macintosh HD" or whatever you named it) under Default Boot Volume.
  3. Go to the SMBIOS screen on the left and overwrite the Serial Number with the one you saved before.
  4. Set the Size and Frequency for each of the two memory entries to match your installed RAM. If you know the vendor, part, and serial for your memory you can edit those fields too (if not, just leave them as is). Leave the two memory entries set for slots 0 and 2 and the slot count set for 4 even though the board only has two slots (Clover wants to see slots 0 and 2 configured to treat the memory as dual-channel).

Hello ;-)

Another system up and running ;-)
Snazzylabs setup with samsung 950 pro NVMe and i7 6700

Captura de ecrã 2016-06-18, às 14.52.02.png

Thanks Tonymac ;-) I will give a donation ;-)

Thank you so much for this guide ammulder! This was my third Hackintosh build, 1st Mini-ITX build, and 1st Skylake build! Everything went great thanks to the wonderfully detailed instructions. I think this is the first time I've ever been able to get into the USB installer on the first boot, clover on the first boot, and boot into OSX successfully on the first try. Everything worked exactly as described.

My specs:

- Gigabyte H170N Wifi ITX board
- Intel Core i3-6600
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) LPX 2133MHz
- Samsung SM951 128GB PCIE SSD (AHCI)
- PNY GTX 960 2GB Reference
- Phanteks Low Profile 120mm CPU Cooler
- Corsair CX430 PSU
- Dell D1560 M.2 Card
- Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Case

Notes:

- I can't for the life of me get "about this Mac" to only display two ram slots. It's showing 4 with 2 filled. Just cosmetic though.

- Checking "fix shutdown" in Clover resolved both the shutdown reboot loop as well as auto-sleep issues for me. Forced sleep, auto sleep, and wake from sleep all working for me.
image.jpeg

Thank you so much for this guide ammulder! and Tonymac :)

My first Hackintosh build, replacing a 2010 Mac Mini, my Mac not-so-Mini :p

Specs:

- Gigabyte H170N Wifi ITX board
- Intel Core i3-6100
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 2133MHz
- Samsung 850 EVO SSD
- Sapphire Radeon 7970 3GB
- Dell D1560 M.2 Card
- Antec HCG 900W PSU (Overkill, but I had it lying around!)
- Corsair Carbide AIR240 Black Case

The only thing that doesn't work is sleep/wake, the monitor doesn't come back on when trying to wake. I've disabled it for now by checking the 'Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off' option in Energy Saver.

3Aeti58FyrtFv9iUSZQHupe2g1YA-jsUg_qgTT0ZkuxQIIiNlWKERKHs165MfNQANVGuPEy6sT1UtREILano8jpN6661RDZQpZFNJJ6v18eKyEIvB9ml1SF7Fv4ggi2VAk8vcMp9AXGznotYRaWUw90G23RCR7F5XJIq4dUI9eaaG_PfWHsSnSpzbY0niVdJdKKzbT4PTYl9W_geG8UMiv1LS73qWnrJu9i8lMp-QVdbzbwhrr96qm2BGEfyU71XLv450ab_sC8oNZ1Inp_PgnwLS3hNgSnbEPFQCbK658Fu9_6mMHt9J3Pc1G-FzkP-r-IE3lknL6yYWWAvxXlRFYoWgMO_zUM44epoW2gA966CYGVzo0Fczcjr4oHl49uOeSzWrgKqLae4AdAIsPtl6t-yVo6Pv2p5zHfo9WNHyRC-2TvfwEUq92OVndpcEsNBwf1W80VywKQZM4WxxfRmTTJUdPf06jzUvTkmsuRVl-K33dbsB_DErN2wyRaZNpUezghxIWcXp_Aq2GSqGz0OlTA8tNY00LZkiaV1pNnob-6Ema89CBA_0PjNCiKOmYC7JxXpQHB3t6NiCqp6MzF2Ea4jKwSDprs=w1300-h975-no

-DLXVuqGmExtTkXa3Cf_dqCzFyxmxKWMiRPfcyUQjgROShxZ1IqxKg5URYitFr78TtDHyXaog0uxgs8yTqgtxe0ueVUJCN0NW_BdGStoxL4jqaP_Uy58l9UY_eaQaMmPy_np5OgzXg2nSnL25oSeYIOtp-9En998B_z_FJdo1JH9X-qv4Iu9otIF0I3gn2mf72I9SPEf8SHKW4sbkvlhB3y_es_Z9O3BLGU9r0QgRZZUwsQYm36FGW7_do7NBnk6mTU0LgnYseKoQF2iFrmSB_3kP7AeekP9qHXE7ASTdO__yndpbi0UadIcYrIBXBVFWc0fAbGzf9L-jBXQgLmkE6cOVSt6lyMQQyolo3qb6ZK-LiKbYP7OoFA7KQkN1w51ArmJM6nzsogU_4prFOJHFSm3uT4DaY0BwJRBWJE1VC4rldzd9UMNigL51NmX9YPBaB8kdctzI4kppqS-SluZD0GekOAPz1VlR175GDzQh7JShRzXiN7DXfQ4q01t2J6oeW0dzf64iye_obOCV-XK-oc57u4bShMOY-wpQuGiemzbTdy60qvY1z0TWsCj_IqyUDK8G_Rg6UtroeJjGYFcBnSNgXmHVME=w587-h336-no

Donation coming your way :thumbup:

Cheers,

Matt

hq5f26Fr64zWr62h7

cLSXJNW9X5CxLcBG6

If I were to use the Amd r9 280x instead of an Nvidia or Integrated Graphics, what would I have to do different? Sorry, I am new to hackintoshing but have experience building PCs.

Thanks

I found this guide after doing my initial install, so I just double-checked the BIOS settings section and basically skipped to post-install.

Worked like a charm. Now that I've got graphics acceleration, flux is working; and my Mac sees both 8GB memory sticks. Thank you!!!

The only thing I found less than straightforward was this:
The guide refers to "config.plist" a few times, and it took me a while to realize it meant the unzipped version of the attached file "h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist.zip". When I unzipped, the file was named "h170n-wifi-intel-config .plist" instead of "config.plist", and that threw me off.

Dumb of me, but I was just following directions. :p

Other Things to Download

Hey yousefa00,

It should work :thumbup: From what I've read, El Capitan supports Radeon out of the box.

With my Radeon, I installed everything and got it all fully up and running first with the integrated graphics. I then shut down, installed the card, connected the monitors and powered on, and it came up straight away :)

Cheers,

Matt

Hey Matt,
Should I use the iMac definitions or the Mac Pro definitions while I am installing with integrated graphics because if I use the iMac definitions, I don't think I'll be able to use the Radeon card later, right?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back