1. Moved all 3rd party kext from /Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Others.ahh cool!!can you share your Catalina install steps?
updated kexts need to move to the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Others?1. Moved 3rd party kext from /Library/Extensions to /EFI/CLOVER/kext/Others
2. Update kexts, especially WhateverGreen, Lilu, and AppleALC.
3. Reboot to make sure kexts are loaded properly.
4. Update Clover, i.e., the file CLOVERX64.efi
5. Reboot to make sure new Clover works.
6. Install Catalina: Preferences->Software Update
Yes, Catalina does not allow 3rd party kext in /S/L/E or /L/E.updated kexts need to move to the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Others?
the other day i update clover and i get a black screen
im using this video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB you think that video card work on Catalina?
maybe i need to do a fresh Catalina install.
thank you for the reply,im going to use my MB graphics card or buy a new video card.Yes, Catalina does not allow 3rd party kext in /S/L/E or /L/E.
Very few Nvidia graphics card is supported after High Sierra. This issue is very well documented. Your GTX 750 Ti definitely won't work in accelerated mode, fresh installation or not.
I also attempted to do a totally new installation on a new SSD via OpenCore. I was not successful either. Depending on time, I may try again later.I am trying to migrate to OpenCore with this motherboard. I have not been sucessful. I anyone has this hardware running OpenCore, please share some tips. Thanks
I got a tip that the problem may be with CFG LOCK.I also attempted to do a totally new installation on a new SSD via OpenCore. I was not successful either. Depending on time, I may try again later.