CPU
Intel Skylake i5
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 2.0+ 6GB
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Built this setup to spec. The only difference is i started without the Nvidia card and my sound worked. Added the 980 ti and sound worked for a little while, but now sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't over the 3.5mm jack. When audio wont work i switch over to my Corsair USB headset and it works 100% of the time. Anyone have any ideas what i should look into?

Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170N-WIFI
CPU
I7-6700
Graphics
Integrated HD530 graphics
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Please help!!!!
I installed Apple's latest security update today, 7-24-2017. When restarting, my computer fails to boot to El Capitan and restarts once again. (It shows the apple logo with no progress bar and then restarts). I can follow step-by-step instructions, so if you can help, I will need the steps. Before the security update, everything was working fine. All previous updates worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170
CPU
Intel Skylake i5
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED GAMING ACX 2.0+ 6GB
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Please help!!!!
I installed Apple's latest security update today, 7-24-2017. When restarting, my computer fails to boot to El Capitan and restarts once again. (It shows the apple logo with no progress bar and then restarts). I can follow step-by-step instructions, so if you can help, I will need the steps. Before the security update, everything was working fine. All previous updates worked flawlessly.

First thing I would do is run through the instructions and check that there isnt a setting in BIOS that was reset

Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170N-WIFI
CPU
I7-6700
Graphics
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
First thing I would do is run through the instructions and check that there isnt a setting in BIOS that was reset
I checked the BIOS and it matches the original installation guide's BIOS values.

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys,

I've tried to follow the guide step by step, by when I insert my USB into my machine and try to boot from the USB, it just comes up with a progress bar and then this "error sign".

Can someone please help me? I've tried everything, including checking all BIOS settings, put the USB into different ports and trying to remove the limitations on the USB stick...

MB: h170n-wifi
CPU: Skylake i5 6600K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750Ti

Attachments

Last edited:

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys,

I've tried to follow the guide step by step, by when I insert my USB into my machine and try to boot from the USB, it just comes up with a progress bar and then this "error sign".

Can someone please help me? I've tried everything, including checking all BIOS settings, put the USB into different ports and trying to remove the limitations on the USB stick...
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Motherboard
Gigabyte H-170N-WIFI
CPU
I7-6700
Graphics
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi guys,

MB: h170n-wifi
CPU: Skylake i5 6600K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750Ti
For some reason, when double clicking on the external drive on the clover screen, I had the same problem. I went to the boot menu to choose and then it worked.

After turning on your computer, when instructed on the screen, choose F12 Boot Menu.
Choose UEFI with your USB name.

Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
For some reason, when double clicking on the external drive on the clover screen, I had the same problem. I went to the boot menu to choose and then it worked.

After turning on your computer, when instructed on the screen, choose F12 Boot Menu.
Choose UEFI with your USB name.

So, you just went to BIOS and set the boot to UEFI USB Installer? Or did you do something else too? Sorry, I just dont understand your answer completely :(

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Oh, sorry. I've updated my recent post with specs.
Great, now please put them in your profile as per the rules :

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you