Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope you still checking this thread,righ now my hackintosh wont boot,i did a focusrite driver update and after that i cant boot into my hack,i cant even boot with the unibeast usb.

i have a dual boot and i can boot into windows but i cant boot into mac

i just went to a friend house to make a unibeast usb,now i boot with the unibeast but is looks like im in safe mode,im using an Nvidia video card,im going to try to find out why my hack cant boot

Everything was fine until I flashed the BIOS from F4 to the latest F22e. Shortly after booting, it get stuck at:

AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Jan 9 2018 21:30:12)

Should I flash the BIOS back to F4?

I am using F22c. It works fine, but you MUST set your BIOS settings to "optimized defaults" and then adjust them again.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did exactly that but it did not work.

I was using an old Clover and I installed the latest one, and that fixed the problem. Apparently, my old Clover work with F4, and with F22c, it wouldn't.

If anyone is having similar issues after firmware update, please update your Clover.

Hi Guys, today I created a bootable High Sierra 10.13.4 USB drive, what was interesting when I booted from the USB the boot from usb option is hidden, but all the other drives is shown, I have checked my bios all is normal since I do boot to Sierra and windows already, tried 3 times with no luck, could it be unibeast is not updated?

Hi Guys, today I created a bootable High Sierra 10.13.4 USB drive, what was interesting when I booted from the USB the boot from usb option is hidden, but all the other drives is shown, I have checked my bios all is normal since I do boot to Sierra and windows already, tried 3 times with no luck, could it be unibeast is not updated?

i had the same issue last week when i was upgrading from El Capitan to High Sierra,i start doing some research on this forum,what you need to do is to install Sierra first then install High Sierra.

See UniBeast 8.2 and macOS 10.13.4 Workaround

There is also a fix in Clover r4420
r4420 - cleanup and fix 10.13.4 USB installer issue and OS version detection issue
See https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/commit_browser

Has anyone done a 10.13+ guide for this build yet? Loved this guide when I built my Skylake Hack, and was able to get to 10.12.6 smoothly, but i’m Cautious about High Sierra. Seems like things are finally smoothing out now since 10.13.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back