Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was listed in the post... and has since been added to my personal details. Any actual assistance would be very helpful.
The rules require that your system specs are in your profile not some random place of your own choosing.

This way you only have to enter them once and everyone can find them without searching this whole thread and any subsequent ones.

Followed this guide quite successfully to get El Capitan and then Sierra up an running on my build. Tried a clean install with High Sierra today following a mix of this guide and the tonymacx86 High Sierra bootable USB guide. One word: don't. LOL.

kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

Can you write the procedure? With High Sierra did you notice something don’t go? Audio, video, ecc...or is all ok?

Followed this guide quite successfully to get El Capitan and then Sierra up an running on my build. Tried a clean install with High Sierra today following a mix of this guide and the tonymacx86 High Sierra bootable USB guide. One word: don't. LOL.

kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
n you

Today I mistakenly tried to install a pending App store security update for El Capitan on my H170-WIFI i3-6100 HD530 customac mini hackintosh. It's been working fine for years now but after the install, which required a restart, the machine got stuck in a boot loop. Almost immediately after the Clover boot screen the Apple boot logo displays and then the machine restarts. I added verbose mode to the Clover boot options and it gave no useful information since the reboot happens so quickly. The text on the screen was this:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then the box reboots and its repeats over and over again.

I have tried a number of different Clover boot options and I have tried booting from a really old USB thumb drive which I think was the one I originally used to do the build years ago. But it seemed to hang with the boot progress bar at around 75% or so.

Any pointers for how to fix this? It was a recent security update. I think I was running 10.11.6.

Just tried the Sierra install and now trying to boot to hard drive and it is stuck at about 2/3 in the apple logo.
Please advise.

@marlone1, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Hey Guys,

This thread has been a godsend, I'm pretty much an amateur in my first computer build - albeit a computer science major who's done his research. I pretty much have everything running just fine on El Capitan as of now. While running any applications off the internet, i get severe flickering on the screen. Ive only had the build working for a weekend now and haven't really tested much else, but this occurs in safari, chrome and whatsapp(web messaging app) so far. Any idea what could be causing this?

I also have this flicker when i log on from the lock screen, but i read somewhere that it had something to do with me using a 1060 in the set up.

Please let me know if theres any information i can add to this, and thanks for any help :)

Captura de ecrã 2017-11-07, às 17.07.43.png

okay, i sounds like a wrong graphic configuration, take your old config and copy the graphic Preferences to the knew

Hi, I have followed this install guide. However I seem to be having an issue with the graphics. When I boot from the USB drive I get the Apple Logo with the loading bar, after the bar is full the Screen gets no signal anymore.

I´m sure the OS X Installer is running in the background because I once was able to blindly navigate to the Menu bar to shut down the machine from there.

I don´t have a gfx card installed. I have my system details added in my profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: After spending the night I managed to get it up and running with High Sierra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back