Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I did follow step by step! All!. Ok I try so

Sorry for the dumb question, but I am a noob and I have a question about one of the steps.

• Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
This step occurs after you create the bootable usb, but before the OS X install. Do I delete the config.plist file in the EFI/Clover folder and replace it with h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist? Do I change the name to just config.plist?

One other question, I am installing sierra, does this guide still apply?

Thank you in advance for your help

System: (snazzy labs build)

h170n-wifi
i5 6500
16gb crucial ballistic sport
PicoPSU
Broadcom wifi M.2

Sorry for the dumb question, but I am a noob and I have a question about one of the steps.

• Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
This step occurs after you create the bootable usb, but before the OS X install. Do I delete the config.plist file in the EFI/Clover folder and replace it with h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist? Do I change the name to just config.plist?

One other question, I am installing sierra, does this guide still apply?

Thank you in advance for your help

System: (snazzy labs build)

h170n-wifi
i5 6500
16gb crucial ballistic sport
PicoPSU
Broadcom wifi M.2

1)Yes! Rename to config.plist and put it!
2) wait for Sierra untill many issues will fix.

My setup is exactly SnazzyLab's excluding an upgraded ram to 32GB. And though this is my first build it went well.
  • Crucial Ballistix DDR4 RAM (32GB)
  • Streacom F1C-WS
  • [URL='http://amazon.com/?tag=tonymacx86com-20[/URL]
My problem is that during the installation of El Captain I never get through step 4. In fact the first progress bar never moves, and I've left it for 24hr. I've tested my installation drive on my old macbook pro and it seems to work, stopping when I got to the language selection screen.
Any idea what might be going wrong, or mistakes I may have made?

Where can I find a copy of the installer app? I downloaded el capitan from apples website but couldnt find it on the app store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. My little Hackintosh recognises only the half of the installed RAM. I put 2x16gb but it sees only 2x8GB. Also not possible to put these values in the Clover Configurator. I use integrated graphics... Is this just a cosmetic issue or will the system only be able to use 16GB now? Thanks!

Where can I find a copy of the installer app? I downloaded el capitan from apples website but couldnt find it on the app store
I found it doing a search in google. I did download the last release of El Capitan.

Thinking about doing this build. Could anyway tell me how good the support for the Intel HD 530 is now? With the recent fix that was posted on the mainpage, what are the current problems still facing Intel HD 530? I am planning on getting a 4K TV, and would like to use that TV for 4K, but it seems to work, and not work at the same time? I'm really confused.

Outside of that, is the Audio through HDMI issue fixed? Thanks!!

EDIT: Seems there is a very simple fix for Audio through HDMI. Last question is the 4K question above.

Last edited:

If you download it in the app store it should appear in your applications folder.

In my download history, I see every single version of the os updates starting from Yosemite.

Hi guys, great build, works just fine for me ! Thanx to everyone for this guide!
I have a tiny thing left to have a 100% working setup. I don't need wifi, so I didn't used the DW1560 card. However I'd like to use the bluetooth that apparently works oob with this mobo. My bluetooth seems to be on, the icon shows up on the menu bar, but i can't turn it off, i can't see any other device and no other device can see my hackintosh. I'm wondering if there is a fix for this issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back