Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
High Sierra is working good for me, except the sleep/wake issue which is still there (so I disabled it) and my biggest issue is that I can't use dual monitor anymore with my intel HD530. It worked on 10.11.6 (hotplug) but now, my second screen stay black.

I did a fresh install of 10.13.1 and then restored my user account with Migration Assistant. So far so good.

I never did use sleep/wake, but I may poke around with it a little. Probably RehabMan can get it to work if we get a troubleshooting post going with him. :)
Have you updated this machine to Mojave? Did you have to do many changes to get it work?

I am trying to install on a fatal1ty gaming k6 z170.. and I cannot get it to boot.
I had it running on some point on this very same machine. I thought due to the bios updates to ensure CPU security installing had become impossible, I decided now to downgrade the BIOS to a version that I thought working with this, but I am running into the same issue.

I set the USB flag in the EFI partition to true. which was a problem the first time I tried to install, all the bios settings are as instructed (and I know I had this working already), but I cannot boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back