Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing this before. You are obviously using Rehabman's NVME hack kext to make your NVMe to be your boot drive. Correct?

Remember if you don't generate the hacked kext via spoof option, you have to delete the apple nvme kext. They can't co exist. AppleIofamily something is the apple kext. You also have to delete the fake ID stuff in your config.plist in case you were using that method to make the Sierra installer recognize your nvme using the apple nvme kext.

Hope this helps. I believe I saw this error when I had forgotten to delete the apple nvme kext.

I remember seeing this before. You are obviously using Rehabman's NVME hack kext to make your NVMe to be your boot drive. Correct?

Remember if you don't generate the hacked kext via spoof option, you have to delete the apple nvme kext. They can't co exist. AppleIofamily something is the apple kext. You also have to delete the fake ID stuff in your config.plist in case you were using that method to make the Sierra installer recognize your nvme using the apple nvme kext.

Hope this helps. I believe I saw this error when I had forgotten to delete the apple nvme kext.

Yes, right on. Thank you. I realised I was hasty in implementing RehabMan's HackrNVMe patch, and he clearly stated it should not be used in an install. So I removed all his stuff and just stuck with pikeralpha's IONVMeFamily.kext until I was settled in with a booting Hackintosh :)

For a complete n00b, there was a lot a lot of reading for me to do. But I am up and running on Sierra so far... I've got sound, bluetooth and Wifi, but my USB speeds are terrible.

For those on Sierra here, that don't have audio working.. this post helped me out:

• Copy all the files from the postinstall directory of the USB stick to your new Sierra install (e.g. to Downloads)
  • Eject and remove the USB install drive (will also eject the EFI partition from that drive)
  • Run the copy of MultiBeast you just copied to the new drive.
  • Select Quick Start and then UEFI Boot Mode
  • Select Drivers> Audio >Realtek ALCxxx >100 Series Audio
  • Select Drivers> Misc> Realtek ALCxxx and then 100 Series Audio
  • Select Drivers> Misc> FakeSMC Plugins
  • Select Drivers> Misc> FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
  • Select Drivers> Network> IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0 (or newer)
  • Select Drivers> USB> Increase Max Port Limit
  • Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1
Wlfr2SL.png

• Hit Build and then Install
  • When it says "Install Succeeded" then quit MultiBeast

PatriXtreme
instructs the user to run Multibeast again because of some sort of bug, but doing that broke my sound again, so the instructions up to this point worked for me.

I post a full Sierra guide when I've got my stuff together and I'm up and running for a few days.

Do you guys know anything about:

- Fixing USB speeds (terrible, terrible). Mac's System Profiler recognises USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, but my speeds are like 10 MB/s

[Update - I have no idea whats happened, but everything is working great now]

- My screen occasionally just totally blacks out. My system is obviously still working because sound is totally functional. Just my ultra wide blacks out. I'm only running HD530 graphics and my monitor is off Display Port. Any clues?

Last edited:
The video going black is a known issue. Essentially, when the screen goes to sleep or if i turn my monitor off and then back on, some times (more often if i was on 60hz refresh on HDMI 2.0 or DP) the display would not come back. Machine was still running but no display. I tried a few different things but couldn't stop that from happening. When i looked in the system log, i saw the display driver crashing. So, now i just setup a simple screensaver on and turned off monitor sleep timer. I am also waiting to get this resolved. Seem to be an issue with the HD530 setup. I read that nVideo dedicated video cards don't have that issue.

For those on Sierra here, that don't have audio working.. this post helped me out:

PatriXtreme
instructs the user to run Multibeast again because of some sort of bug, but doing that broke my sound again, so the instructions up to this point worked for me.

I post a full Sierra guide when I've got my stuff together and I'm up and running for a few days.

Do you guys know anything about:

- Fixing USB speeds (terrible, terrible). Mac's System Profiler recognises USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, but my speeds are like 10 MB/s

- My screen occasionally just totally blacks out. My system is obviously still working because sound is totally functional. Just my ultra wide blacks out. I'm only running HD530 graphics and my monitor is off Display Port. Any clues?
To fix your USB speeds you may want to try applying the fixUSB patch using clover configurator. This patch is essentially fool proof and can't break anything so it's worth trying.

@bbatla appreciate the tips!

Thank you @PatriXtreme I will look into that.

I was also looking into another thread:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312085-guide-macos-sierra-1012x-on-asrock-h170m-itxac/page-1

and noticed the custom AML file that @Denicio built. Is it something I can use over @ammulder's?
I've uploaded them here

The H170 has: 8 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 6 Rear) + the Wifi/BT 4 module
The Z170 has: 2 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 8 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 5 Rear, 1 Fatal1ty Mouse Port) + the Wifi/BT 4 module

Attachments

• SSDT-2.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 215
  • SSDT-USB-Z170-Gaming-ITXac.aml
    853 bytes · Views: 186
"Assertion failed: (false && "10 seconds of continuous GPU Driver unreadiness, relaunching WindowServer"), function void IMGGraphicsStackReadinessFailure(), file Server/Windows/Updater.cc, line 2860."

Just to add I have this same crash every time I try to wake from DisplaySleep on my NUC. Wakes OK from System sleep. 4k monitor over DP @60Hz.

Hi guys.

I'm completely new to hackintoshes and i never thought i'd try to build one, but after recent events and lack of hardware updates from Apple i decided to give it a go. So i went straight to buyers guide and guess what - i ordered Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac :) I'll receive it in a couple of weeks, but for now i have some important questions.

1. Many of you are saying that DisplaySleep mode doesn't work and that's kind of a deal breaker for me, because i usually lock my mac by calling `pmset displaysleepnow`. How are you dealing with it? Can anyone test whether this tool or just `open -a ScreenSaverEngine` works correctly on this MoBo?
2. What about Sierra? Should i try to install it or it's better to stick to El Capitan, following this guide?

Hi guys.

I'm completely new to hackintoshes and i never thought i'd try to build one, but after recent events and lack of hardware updates from Apple i decided to give it a go. So i went straight to buyers guide and guess what - i ordered Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac :) I'll receive it in a couple of weeks, but for now i have some important questions.

1. Many of you are saying that DisplaySleep mode doesn't work and that's kind of a deal breaker for me, because i usually lock my mac by calling `pmset displaysleepnow`. How are you dealing with it? Can anyone test whether this tool or just `open -a ScreenSaverEngine` works correctly on this MoBo?
2. What about Sierra? Should i try to install it or it's better to stick to El Capitan, following this guide?

1. Sleep won't work. Period.
2. Go for Sierra. Compatibility is great by now.

Thanks for your answers.

1. Sleep won't work. Period.
I'm not questioning whether display sleep mode works or not. I'm asking how are you dealing with the lack of it and if it's possible to lock the computer at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back