Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 4K @60hz working on Sierra with the built in Intel 530. Didn't do anything special other than multibeast option for intel 530). I also followed the 530 menu bar glitch fix which worked great. Used displayport. 60hz didn't work with my Samsung 4K I had bought few years back but worked with the latest version (Samsung 510 model from Costco as it has DisplayPort 1.2). It also only worked with the Samsung DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. The Amazon basics cable (rated for DVP 1.2 in description) I had bought didn't show any display. No BIOS nothing. Possible the problem was the cable and not the monitor.

I am going to try the hdmi 2.0 port on both monitor and motherboard soon. I don't know if I have a cable that is hdmi 2.0 capable though. I will report back on the hdmi 2.0 and using my old monitor with the Samsung supplied displayport Cable.

One odd thing I noticed with my DisplayPort and new Samsung setup was that the monitor isn't going to sleep. It goes to sleep for a second and then wakes up just showing the input source. The mac desktop never shows. It keep cycling like that. Hitting the keyboard brings up the mac desktop and everything is fine. I am going to try to set the input source to manual versus Auto on the monitor to see if that helps.

I am using nvme hack from rehabman to run a recently released Samsung 960 evo m.2 ssd (damn fast). Don't have wake/sleep working. Also system crashes most of the time during shutdown. Looking for help on that. Haven't really ventured into trying things as it's my primary work setup and I can't afford downtime. Plus, haven't read that anyone has figured out a fix.

So, I am getting 60hz via the hdmi 2.0 ports on the monitor and motherboard. But there is an issue with display coming back from sleep on both DisplayPort and hdmi 2.0 port. Display does not come back. It's fine when I use the non-hdmi 2.0 on monitor. With the machine set to not sleep, I need atleast the display to turn off. So, this 60hz setup is useless for me at the moment. I wouldn't know how to troubleshoot this issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

Has anyone gotten this setup to work with Sierra without any glitches? It appears from this thread that El Capitan was working quite well, but Sierra has a lot of issues. I am debating whether to give this a shot or wait until a newer guide comes out. TIA

Sometimes when i try to bring the screen back on after the screen has gone blank, I am getting a WindowServer crash showing up under Sierra's System Reports in the console. At which point, my machine is not able to turn back the monitor. I have tried turning off and on the monitor but no luck. One time, I actually got some sort of signal with a distorted green colored splash screen. No Mac desktop.

"Assertion failed: (false && "10 seconds of continuous GPU Driver unreadiness, relaunching WindowServer"), function void IMGGraphicsStackReadinessFailure(), file Server/Windows/Updater.cc, line 2860."

I am using the built in HD 530 video on i6700k. I have acceleration working with the HD 530 fix in MultiBeast. I also have the upper left menu bar video glitch fix in place. From the crash report, it looks like a graphics problem. If I use the HDMI 2.0 or DP that provides 4K in 60Hz i get this problem every time screen is put to sleep(either via hot corners or via system sleep). On regular HDMI with 4K in 30Hz it happens but not that often. I have to restart as even the shutdown shortcut on the Mac does not shut the machine down. I hear a beep though and no shutdown. I have attached the content of the crash.

Anyone have experience with resolving this? I will also post on the HD 530 Discussion Thread.

Attachments

• Crash Report.txt
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,046
I have 4K @60hz working on Sierra with the built in Intel 530. Didn't do anything special other than multibeast option for intel 530). I also followed the 530 menu bar glitch fix which worked great. Used displayport. 60hz didn't work with my Samsung 4K I had bought few years back but worked with the latest version (Samsung 510 model from Costco as it has DisplayPort 1.2). It also only worked with the Samsung DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. The Amazon basics cable (rated for DVP 1.2 in description) I had bought didn't show any display. No BIOS nothing. Possible the problem was the cable and not the monitor.

I am going to try the hdmi 2.0 port on both monitor and motherboard soon. I don't know if I have a cable that is hdmi 2.0 capable though. I will report back on the hdmi 2.0 and using my old monitor with the Samsung supplied displayport Cable.

One odd thing I noticed with my DisplayPort and new Samsung setup was that the monitor isn't going to sleep. It goes to sleep for a second and then wakes up just showing the input source. The mac desktop never shows. It keep cycling like that. Hitting the keyboard brings up the mac desktop and everything is fine. I am going to try to set the input source to manual versus Auto on the monitor to see if that helps.

I am using nvme hack from rehabman to run a recently released Samsung 960 evo m.2 ssd (damn fast). Don't have wake/sleep working. Also system crashes most of the time during shutdown. Looking for help on that. Haven't really ventured into trying things as it's my primary work setup and I can't afford downtime. Plus, haven't read that anyone has figured out a fix.

Have you tried using 3 monitors on the motherboard integrated graphics, all running 4K? I'd really like to know if that works.

(mobo integrated graphics hd530) Does someone get the HDMI 2.0 port working? I'd like to have 3 monitors, but for now I'm only using 2, one with the display port and one with the HDMI 1.4 port. The HDMI 2.0 is not working.

(mobo integrated graphics hd530) Does someone get the HDMI 2.0 port working? I'd like to have 3 monitors, but for now I'm only using 2, one with the display port and one with the HDMI 1.4 port. The HDMI 2.0 is not working.

Garybloublou, I have not been able to get any of the HDMI ports to work. Did the 1.4 HDMI port always work on OSX, or did it require extra work?

Garybloublou, I have not been able to get any of the HDMI ports to work. Did the 1.4 HDMI port always work on OSX, or did it require extra work?

I just followed the installation tutorial on the 1st page and the display port and 1.4 HDMI worked (but can't boot with dual monitors though, I have to hot plug the 2nd one - main monitor is plug on the display port)

Guys, I'm having a major problems. I've followed this guide twice now and it has crashed every time at this point. At this point, it just stops, screen goes black and it just reboots back into the ASRock BIOS. One of my thumb drives already refuses to resurrect itself (erase and repartition totally funked out)

I have this mobo and am trying to install Sierra

Is it something wrong with NVMeFamily?

Help!

View attachment 235690

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back