Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I already succeeded in getting an older intel nuc (DC3217IYE) running with OSX 10.13 thanks to the tonymac86 forum! Now I wanted to get this done as well for my Intel NUC 6i5SYK (BIOS 0063!)+OSX 10.13. I followed the instructions starting at page 1 in this thread but can't get the system to boot from the unibeast stick! Already adjusted the BIOS settings and preped the unibeast stick (installing aptiofix2drv option to the stick) like mentioned in the post. Boot is stuck on the apple logo, "-v" shows the following status:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \..AIBootFiles\boot.efi
Using relock block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and is stuck there.
I even modified the Unibeast stick removing AptioFix2Drv, then the boot is stuck just showing a line of "+"

I didn't downgrade the BIOS yet, (didn't find a post with a BIOS newer than 0045), still hope that the error is not related to the BIOS Version. I read through tons of posts but still couldn't fix the problem (still a newby in all this^^).

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Last edited:
Installing High Sierra on NUC6i5SYH.
After booting using Unibeast methord, what audio and network drivers do i need to install?

Has anyone tried combination of mPCIe to USB and BCM94360CS2 to mPCIe adapters, to stick BCM94360CS2 into the NUC?
Received the card today, tried plugging it into PC with BCM94360CD in it.
I don't see any new device on USB or PCI :(

0-neu-d3-9db1b5c6deb182ede34317a05039dc69.jpg 0-neu-d3-cb3bcd3fd6ad865c96ac4515156e590c.jpg

Last edited:
@Federex46, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back