Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for updating the guide ammulder!
Ive ordered the Edimax AC-450 now. (Wlan AC only but a lot slimmer, should be sufficient)
Received it days ago, works like a charm with my Hackintosh & AC Network (FullSpeed: 433Mbps)

Thanks amulder for pointing that company out!

Last edited:
I've installed El Capitan with the new updated Tutorial, works great!
I haven't disabled VT-D in the bios because I use hyper-v in Windows and have heard that it gains performance improvements through it (i/o network card).

El Capitan runs fine, is it ok to leave VT-d enabled in bios? Or will it cause trouble later on? @ammulder

And this time there was no serialnumber prefilled in clover (tutorial say so), I've clicked on the magic wand and copied the generated serial number manually. Maybe you could fix this step in the tutorial.

Last edited:
Dual Boot problems
Sorry I'm a noob at this so might be stupid questions.

I have the Samsung SM951-NVMe so followed shangattack3000 info to fix it. As far as I understand it finds the Win volumes so NVMe should be working.

I'm confused at this step:
2. You should see a Clover menu. Select Boot Mac OS X from YourDriveName.
When booting from the USB. I only see 3 NTFS drives, External (USB) and Recovery in Clover.
Does step 2 mean I should use External to boot Mac? And when gets to Setup installation of OSX I should use the menu to access Terminal for the rest of the steps?

Since that's the only way to do if for me I did it that way (copied CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi).
When booting without USB I get Clover with 2 NTFS volumes and Recovery.

diskutil list
disk0s1 EFI 207 MB
disk0s2 MS Reserved 16.8 MB
disk0s3 MS Basic data 150 GB
disk0s4 Apple_Boot recovery 650 MB
disk0s5 Apple_HFS 104 GB

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

I re-installed everything and got passed this problem.
Now I'm stuck with a Win10 problem but post it separately

Hi all!
I have a new problem. When I have a working dual boot in clover and start Windows 10 it wrecks it on every start (boots to Win10 every time).
I use UEFI for both OSX (El Capitan) and Win10. I have one NVMe (Samsung SM951) where I install both OS:es on my NUC6i5SYH.

I have done the:
Copy EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi

That works fine. OSX boots and Win10 boots. BUT as soon as I booted Win10 it boots directly to Win10 every time after that.
If I just again Copy EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi. Win10 wont boot at all. Nothing happens in clover when chose Win10 but OSX works fine.

If I repair Win10 (by Win10 usb installer) we are back to the beginning (OSX boot, Win10 boots but wrecks clover again ie boots to Win10 every time)

Oh forgot:
Fast Startup is turned off in Win10
Safe boot off in BIOS

Any suggestions are much appreciated

@ammulder although i don't have a skylake NUC i have a skylake laptop with i3 6100U...so i used the SSDT ( ACPI/patched folder) and the machine just shows apple logo then restarts...that happens w/ and w/o your SSDT...i tried as SMBIOSes macbook 19,1 and iMac 17,1..( no skylake macs :( ) have you anything to recommend me as a next move? ( thanks a lot , thinkpad x260 is the model i use )

@ammulder although i don't have a skylake NUC i have a skylake laptop with i3 6100U...so i used the SSDT ( ACPI/patched folder) and the machine just shows apple logo then restarts...that happens w/ and w/o your SSDT...i tried as SMBIOSes macbook 19,1 and iMac 17,1..( no skylake macs :( ) have you anything to recommend me as a next move? ( thanks a lot , thinkpad x260 is the model i use )

Off-topic. This thread is only for the SKL NUC.

I don't know why my NUC was rebooted everytime I ran Photoshop CC?
Does anyone know the clue?
Thanks!

Change the ig-platform-id to 0x19260002 using Clover Configurator. I had the same problem as well as well as other graphic intensive apps. Final Cut runs as well as the other Adobe apps.

@cthetoy: Thanks a lot for the post. I was having trouble to use my NUC as a screen sharing server. It would always crash when connecting. After changing the ig-platform-id it is working flawlessly now.

Last edited:
@cthetoy: Thanks a lot for the post. I was having trouble to use my nur as a screen sharing server. It would always crash when connecting. After changing the ig-platform-id it is working flawlessly now.

Which CPU is in your NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back