Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
All: I've updated the guide in the first post based on a fresh install of 10.11.6 on my NUC6i5SYK. If yours is working, there's no need to do anything, but future installs are slightly simpler thanks to the tools getting better as time goes on.

I've also discovered that Edimax has finally released an official El Capitan driver for the AC-1200 (a USB WiFi adapter), so that's what I'm using for wireless right now.

Edimax AC-1200 (driver here)

I can't vouch for the speed or anything. It connects to my machine as USB2 even though the advertising says USB3. But I am posting this over the AC-1200, so it gets me online. And the wireless driver now operates via a toolbar icon similar to the native wireless cards, whereas the older drivers required an app window to be open all the time. :)

Thank you so much for updating the guide ammulder!
Ive ordered the Edimax AC-450 now. (Wlan AC only but a lot slimmer, should be sufficient)

What are your experiences @ALL ? Do you still have Bugs?

All: I've updated the guide in the first post based on a fresh install of 10.11.6 on my NUC6i5SYK. If yours is working, there's no need to do anything, but future installs are slightly simpler thanks to the tools getting better as time goes on.

I've also discovered that Edimax has finally released an official El Capitan driver for the AC-1200 (a USB WiFi adapter), so that's what I'm using for wireless right now.

Excellent! This is good to know. The ASUS USB-AC56 WiFi adapter for my NUC6i5SYH has El Capitan drivers as well, and it works flawlessly. Installed the driver and it was up and running automatically. Amazing range with the included booster antenna stick too, though it has decent range without it. And no app to run this thing either- it's a menu bar icon where you choose the network
or set up WPS. This unit is a BEAST though- about 4 inches long sticking out of the USB port and even more daft with the antenna attached. But, it WORKS.

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for the Great explanation! I want to ask, Can I use this method for Nuc Intel Core I3 - 3217u too? Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for the Great explanation! I want to ask, Can I use this method for Nuc Intel Core I3 - 3217u too? Thanks!

i3-3217u is Ivy Bridge (3rd gen Core i-series), not Skylake (6th gen Core i-series).

Read post #1 for links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back