Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find an issue on this platform, if you use screen share to this box, it will crash and reboot. Do you have this problem?

I searched google and the author of nvme driver said the driver support umap command for nvme protocol just like trim command in ahci. But I am wondering the macos will not send the trim command to the pcie disk.

Can the skylake NUC M.2 port support WiFi like BCM94352Z chipset?

Wow, that's a super price! But I'd spend the extra $17 to get a second matching RAM chip -- not only will it run better with 8 GB, it always goes better with two matched sticks of RAM.

With a 4K display you can get resolutions like 2560x1440 but only at "low-resolution" -- that is, not in Retina mode, only in straight 2560x1440 mode. I believe that's an issue with the video drivers, because I think the Broadwell NUC can do Retina modes over 1080p, but the Skylake NUC cannot. It may be that you could get it working by tweaking the video settings in BIOS, but it may just have to wait for future OS updates.

And there's a long list of components in the first post that don't work -- WiFi, SD card slot, IR, and NFC come to mind. Some people who are dual booting have gotten Bluetooth working, but others have reported that it drains the batteries of their Bluetooth devices.

After I update the clover to latest 3543, clover will auto set the ig-platform-id to 0x1926000a and most important thing is the all scale mode comes back. You can scale to 2560x1440 in retian mode. See my screen capture.
Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 13.38.27.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 13.40.10.png

Hello, working on my NUC6i5SYH right now which is working fine but cannot get audio working, tried a few different realtek codecs, like 1150 etc. Could it be I need to clean up the audio drivers and give it a new try with ALC283 drivers? How can I remove the previous installed audio drivers?

Hi,

I installed OS X 10.11.5 on an NUC6i5 with the 44 BIOS and using an 4k Asus PB287Q via DisplayPort.

It is working great but I have one problem:
If I turn the display off and on again I get a black or no signal screen and it looks like the mac is freezing. The only choice I have then is to make a hard restart.
I tried already the method mentioned in #161 but it had no effect.

I have the same issue, I am using the 44 bios and 4k Dell P2715Q via DisplayPort. But I find a way to walk around. You can click the power button for 1-2 seconds to make the nuc to sleep and wake it, the display can be waked.

Hello, working on my NUC6i5SYH right now which is working fine but cannot get audio working, tried a few different realtek codecs, like 1150 etc. Could it be I need to clean up the audio drivers and give it a new try with ALC283 drivers? How can I remove the previous installed audio drivers?

My guide solves several problems not solved here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-skylake-nuc6-using-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-etc.194177/

@ammulder,

A couple of major problems with this guide:
- no fix for unrecognized LPC
- config.plist/CPU/UseARTFrequency=false required for latest Clover builds

Last edited:
Updated to Version 10.11.5 without any problems. Changing ig-platform-id as mentioned in post #152 fixed crashes in Apple Maps.

BUT: Random crashes still remain. When I click on something, the screen turns into a blank color (mostly white, brown or blue) and I have to restart the NUC. How to get more information about this? Does anybody have this problem too?

My guide solves several problems not solved here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-skylake-nuc6-using-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-etc.194177/

@ammulder,

A couple of major problems with this guide:
- no fix for unrecognized LPC
- config.plist/CPU/UseARTFrequency=false required for latest Clover builds

I had a feeling my basic audio problem was more difficult than it should be as not many reports of no sound device in NUC's. It turned out that config.plist had set the audio port to no. 3. Changed to no.1 and got audio working. Turns out to be a bit flaky though, some pop's now and then and volume changes and occasional mutes. But almost there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back