Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Thanks for this excellent guide who help me to build my hackintosh on a nuc6i5SYH, the only things who doesn't work for me is ethernet. I see no adaptor in my network pref panel. I've try the IntelMausiEthernet & the AppleIntelE1000e all versions proposed in multibeast & no one works.
If anyone of you have an idea it colud be great.
Thanks.
I'm having a similar issue. I cannot get the onboard ethernet working with any driver and I cant event get any USB ethernet adapters working including an Apple Ethernet Adapter. The USB ethernet adapters show up in the System Information under USB but not in the Network preference pane. Seems like networking is totally broken, any suggestions?

Have you tried to put IntelMausiEthernet in /L/E?
In the network prefpane try to add the Ethernet Interface by clicking the Plus sign in the left botton of the prefpane page.
Hope this helps

Have you tried to put IntelMausiEthernet in /L/E?
In the network prefpane try to add the Ethernet Interface by clicking the Plus sign in the left botton of the prefpane page.
Hope this helps

I did try that but on board ethernet is not listed. I was able to get the Apple USB Ethernet working from the Terminal by using:
/sbin/ifconfig en0 up
sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP

However, I can't login to the App Store with the USB Ethernet on en0.

Hello all,
Thanks for this excellent guide who help me to build my hackintosh on a nuc6i5SYH, the only things who doesn't work for me is ethernet. I see no adaptor in my network pref panel. I've try the IntelMausiEthernet & the AppleIntelE1000e all versions proposed in multibeast & no one works.
If anyone of you have an idea it could be great.
Thanks.
I finally got mine working I had to change the permissions on IntelMausiEthernet.kext:
cd /Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 IntelMausiEthernet.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel IntelMausiEthernet.kext

I rebooted and my on-board ethernet was working however, because I used USB Ethernet I still had to do this to get Ethernet on en0 (to use App Store):
cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
sudo rm NetworkInterfaces.plist

Then I rebooted again and added the Ethernet in the Network preference pane.

I finally got mine working I had to change the permissions on IntelMausiEthernet.kext:
cd /Library/Extensions/

I rebooted and my on-board ethernet was working however, because I used USB Ethernet I still had to do this to get Ethernet on en0 (to use App Store):

Thank you very much! This worked and my on-board network adapter is working so I'm finally online. Audio is working as well. Bluetooth driver can't pair my magic mouse and apple keyboard. I have bigger problem though:

My second display is not working - glitches or both stay black. How can I investigate why this is happening? Does anybody have solution please? One monitor (main) is DP an second HDMI. I really need two monitors :(

P.S: I have nuc6i5SYH with latest bios (0042) - my first and only hackintosh

My second display is not working - glitches or both stay black. How can I investigate why this is happening? Does anybody have solution please? One monitor (main) is DP an second HDMI. I really need two monitors :(

My HDMI does not work either. :(

cd /Library/Extensions/

Thanks a lot electricblu82 :thumbup::headbang:
We only need hdmi-audio, wifi/bt & sd-card for a great fully hack-mini ;)

anyway thanks for all how work on this project :clap:

I'm facing the same issues that I've seen with the Broadwell NUC, if I want to shutdown the NUC just reboots. BIOS settings are as recommended by OP.

Anybody else with that issue?

cd /Library/Extensions/

That did the trick for me, had no network interfaces listed before in pref pane - thanks!

Last edited:
First of all thanks for the impressive Guide :)

I've successfully setup a NUC6I5SYH with 10.11.4 that's running mostly smooth without crashes.

But now i noticed a issue with the Intel Iris graphics 540 configuration as something (i think with OpenCL) is not working. I've noticed this when i try to start Adobe Photoshop for example... As soon as OpenCL will be loaded the whole system freeze (not only the app, the whole NUC will freeze). As i thought it could only be a problem with Adobe software i've tried to run LuxMark and noticed there that as soon as the OpenCL Firmware will be loaded, the NUC freezes also...

Are there any inputs or experiences with that kind of problem? Or is it usual that OpenCL / OpenGL is not working in this setup?

thanks for any helpfull input :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back