Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Skylake NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!
After I've read your answer I looked inside the config.plist.
There were only 2 entry's in the kextstopatch section.

So I started multibest once again and installed just the audio kext.
Now it works and it has 4 entry's in this section.
I think in your tutorial is a point missing. Because first we should install everything with multibeast (which updates the efi partition config file on the hard disk) and after that we have to replace that patched config file with the config.plist from the usb efi partition.

So the correct order should be: Multibeast without ALC, copy necessary files from usb efi to hard disk efi, Install ALC from Multibeast (which patches now the new config.plist)

Thank you so much for your time and support!

Ah and good news, the build in Bluetooth adapter is working!
Tested with Apple wireless keyboard.

One more question, I've tried to enable Apples FileVault 2 Disk Encryption. After the activation I have to reboot. But the OS doesn't seem to boot (take a look at the attached image). Is hackintosh generally incompatible with FileVault? Are there alternatives for drive encryption which are working?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.6 KB · Views: 276
Is hackintosh generally incompatible with FileVault?

Correct, not compatible. I don't know of any working alternatives, but I've never looked.

I think in your tutorial is a point missing. Because first we should install everything with multibeast (which updates the efi partition config file on the hard disk) and after that we have to replace that patched config file with the config.plist from the usb efi partition.

So the correct order should be: Multibeast without ALC, copy necessary files from usb efi to hard disk efi, Install ALC from Multibeast (which patches now the new config.plist)

Good point -- I'll update that.

You're right about the Ethernet kext.

Now that I think about it what I meant to do is post a config.plist with the audio patches already in there so it doesn't matter whether you overwrite your config.plist after installing the rest of the audio drivers. So there will be one more update coming to the config.plist once I get that in. You shouldn't need it if you've already got audio working, though.

I have a strange behavior...
Bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Ive reinstalled El Capitan 2 times, one time from my old installed and one time from scratch (created a new usb stick etc.)
I don't now how to track the problem down.

If I look at system report>Bluetooth i get:
No information found.

But Bluetooth is enabled in the Bios!
Ive attached my Clover config file. Do you know what I can do to get it working again?
I think this problem started after the FileVault2 error. (I decrypted the drive via Terminal on the Installer Dialog>No Bluetooth; Installed everything new>No Bluetooth)
But it makes no sense why it is not working anymore (I even don't have a Bluetooth Panel on System Dialog because its like Mac OS X can't find any Adapter...)

UPDATE:
On SystemReport>Hardware>USB>USB 3.0 Bus> I see "Bluetooth HCI" with the content:
Bluetooth HCI:

Product ID: 0x0a2b
Vendor ID: 0x8087 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 0.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x14700000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 1000
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

So he can find it. But why isn't Mac OS using it?

I solved the problem now. I disabled Bluetooth in the bios, restarted the Mac and login to the hackintosh.
I've restarted the Mac, press f2 for bios login, got an message that the POST attempt failed due to an hardware change, and pressed y to enter the bios. Now I re-enabled Bluetooth and booted into OS X.

Now it's working fine!
Strange...

I solved the problem now. I disabled Bluetooth in the bios, restarted the Mac and login to the hackintosh.
I've restarted the Mac, press f2 for bios login, got an message that the POST attempt failed due to an hardware change, and pressed y to enter the bios. Now I re-enabled Bluetooth and booted into OS X.

Now it's working fine!
Strange...

I have to negate my own statement.
I don't get Bluetooth working properly.

Process:
Boot into Bios, disable Bluetooth, boot into OS X, restart and boot into bios, enable Bluetooth, boot into OS X.
Bluetooth is now available, it can search for devices but didn't find anything. After a reboot Bluetooth isn't available anymore. I have to repeat the procedure I've described above to get it recognized again.

I've even tried to revert the bios version to 0028, with the exact same result as 0033.
What a shame, because initially it worked and I used my apple wireless keyboard and trackpad on the NUC.
It would be great if other people with the NUC could tell us here if Bluetooth it working for you!
I have no idea what I can do to solve this.

If this is due to a incompatibility, what USB Dongle would you suggest? What is the best or most compatible?

Maybe this helps:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.4.3f4 16616
Hardware, Features, and Settings:
Name: iMac
Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
Handoff Supported: No
Instant Hot Spot Supported: No
Manufacturer: Unknown
Transport: USB
Firmware Version: 255.0 (56.65408)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: No
Auto Seek Pointing: On
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x8087
Product ID: 0x0A2B
HCI Version: 0xFF
HCI Revision: 0x00
LMP Version: 0x38
LMP Subversion: 0xFF80
Auto Seek Keyboard: On
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Disabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Save to location
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Requires Authentication: No

And regarding VileVault2 and disk encryption, I will relocate the /Users folder and encrypt only that partition.

Thanks for keeping the guide updated! I might be getting a NUC soon and following it.

And regarding VileVault2 and disk encryption, I will relocate the /Users folder and encrypt only that partition.

FYI, there was some kind of report that a home directory on a different drive or partition (I don't recall which) caused problems during (I think) an upgrade to El Capitan. I believe the person said they temporarily put the user account back onto the main drive and then the upgrade ran OK. I obviously can't remember the specifics, but just keep in the back of your mind that you might need some kind of attention to this when you upgrade to 10.12.

I've never used the onboard Bluetooth, so I won't be of much help there. Some people in the Broadwell NUC thread did, and I think at least some reported success. It's strange that it was working for you and then stopped. If you have a dual boot it might be worth trying it in the other OS to see if you can get it to initialize or load firmware or whatever and then see if it works in OS X after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back