Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as though the 0030 BIOS for MYHE is gone from Intel's web site. It's not up to version 0040. Does anyone know if 0040 has fixed the issues that seemed to crop up in 0032 and if it's still not possible to downgrade after an update?

I have a Coffee Lake hackintosh with High Sierra installed. Can I clone this hard drive with Carbon Copy Cloner to an APFS-initialized hard SSD, run Multibeast, then copy the EFI/EFI/CLOVER folder to the SSD and expect a bootable drive for my NUC5i5MYHE? I'm looking for an easy update from El Capitan.

View media item 190356Graphics glitches in High Sierra.

I have been getting very odd screen artifacts since moving to High Sierra. The bottom 1/4 of the screen is garbled and moving. I actually thought it might be a graphics card issue because it didn't start until the second boot. I now believe it is something in my setup because I was able to boot Linux Mint several times without any video artifacts.

I have a couple notes on this issue. After leaving my computer running overnight, I didn't have any artifacts. After a reboot, they reappeared.

I temporarily fixed the glitches by deleting a bunch of files from EFI>Clover>driversUEFI64. Unfortunately, this led to an unbootable drive. I had to boot from an install disk and copy the files contained in there. At that point, my graphics card was not recognized. It did not load properly. The result was that I only showed 31 MB of available memory, but I didn't have any video glitches. I then ran the latest multibeast for High Sierra to try to fix my graphics. My graphics card was recognized, but the video glitches were back.

I attached my config.plist and a picture of my EFI>Clover>driversUEFI64 files. I'm not sure if I need to upload anything else.

Edit: I noticed that I can temporarily stop the video glitch if I open Clover... but only if I have certain sections open: ACPI, Boot, Devices, Gui, Graphics, or Kernel and Kext Patches.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 322
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 7.12.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 7.12.42 PM.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I seem to have fixed (at least temporarily) my issue above. I went into the bios and changed my minimum video memory from 64 to 128 mb. Hopefully this will help anyone else if they have this issue.

I wish someone gave me a warning not to put Apple WiFi with NVME drive into nuc5i3myhe without isolating them from each other. Got flame and smoke from my NUC today, and got my NVME killed (possibly m2 port as well, system won't see my other nvme drive after putting that in)

When it goes to deep sleep (over a few hours), it fails to wake up, and I have to reboot. To be specific, I press a key and the monitor seems to respond but it goes into sleep mode again, never to wake up.

I've read through all the posts and it seems no one else has this problem. It never happened with the Yosemite install (with a different config.plist), so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem.

Anyone experiencing this? If so, please post your solution if you have one. Thanks.
Having same problem

Primary Drive: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (M.2, NVMe, PCIe 3.0 x4, SSD)
Not sure if my M2 port is burned out or not.
Did you have to do anything with the BIOS in order to get NVME working?

Thanks a lot dude !! Great guide , although I already had Sierra installed. The post installation files helped me fix my audio drivers , and now it works perfectly. Thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back