Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have try upgrade to highsierra ?

@brunotono, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi, thanks a lot and great job for your instructions.
I tried to install El Capitan on my NUC (GB-BXi3-5010 / core i3 5010 / intel HD5500)
However I've a problem: after installation and multibeast step, I made the changes in CLOVER folder (config.plist, ACPI/patched and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi) but the computer hang booting again and again. I would like to know if you've a idea, it would be very cool. I link the end of stack.

Sorry for my english, guys !

Attachments

• P_20171108_151954.jpg
    P_20171108_151954.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 182
  • P_20171108_151949.jpg
    P_20171108_151949.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I have a problem with my NUC5i5MYHC shutting down. When I restart the computer, I get the error:

Processor Thermal Trip

After pressing return, I get the post page then boot into El Cap. Any idea how to diagnose this problem?

Thanks.

I have a problem with my NUC5i5MYHC shutting down. When I restart the computer, I get the error:

Processor Thermal Trip

After pressing return, I get the post page then boot into El Cap. Any idea how to diagnose this problem?

Thanks.
Sounds like the processor is overheating.
Check heatsink and airflow.

i build nuc5i7ryh with 10.11.5
every work well thx to the guide except for wireless
but somehow my gnu not shown iris but show as intel unknown model
is there anyway to fix it ?

I'm trying to install El Capitan in a NUC5i3RYK. However, the only MAC I've got access to is an old iMac G4 with 10.4.11. Then I've got a couple of windows based laptops. Isn't there a way I could possibly run Unibeast with my current tools? I already managed to get a version of ElCapitan (in a USB) and the G4 can run the Disk Uttility. The problem is running Unibeast...

Thanks!

how to fix bootloop after mac logo (loading) ?

Nice job. I have an Nuc 5iMyhe running el Capitan, and best I can get going following directions in detail is a no sign at about half way on line when booting thumb drive in NUC. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back