Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i installed El capitan on my Intel NUC5i3RYH and used the latest bios. Did everything as the guide said and everything worked out. Bluetooth was disabled as said in the guide, so i tried to enable it to see if it works for my apple keyboard. Weird enough it works without any tweaks. Maybe because of the latest bios version?

@Legindary, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I did a clean Sierra install on my NUC 5i3RYH. Everything works well, except for WiFi/Bluetooth...
Do you know if there is an USB combo adapter Wifi/Bluetooth that works?

Thanks!
Hi gsa390,

Could you share me a copy of your clover EFI folder? I did everything but still got hung after apple log goes crazy during the installation.

So i installed El capitan on my Intel NUC5i3RYH and used the latest bios. Did everything as the guide said and everything worked out. Bluetooth was disabled as said in the guide, so i tried to enable it to see if it works for my apple keyboard. Weird enough it works without any tweaks. Maybe because of the latest bios version?
Hi Legindary,
What is the latest bios you used?
Does it fix the integrated bluetooth draining batteries quickly?

Anyone tried to install High Sierra?

Anyone tried to install High Sierra?

About to. In prep I have gotten the latest Clover. Per RehabMan's guide here I will also put the apfs.efi in the proper Clover folder and see how it goes. My install is basically stock but for Clover. I use an external audio device so do not apply any audio patches, can't help with those.

Forgot to move kexts from 10.12 folder to 10.13 (whoops). After doing so in the UEFI shell everything seems normal.

There are multiple reboots during the install. First is to "boot to macOS install" as you have surely seen before, and there is a second one for "boot into file vault" or some such. You want to boot each one as they appear (they will be first in your list each time).

To clarify:

• put apfs.efi in proper clover folder per RehabMan's post here
  • Move kexts to 10.13 or 'other'
  • run installer normally, boot each new boot entry as it appears
  • that's it, works fine

thanks! I will try asap

Has anyone tried the new bios 0367 ?
I am currently on 0366, sierra, nuc5i5ryh.
In release notes it says:
New Fixes/Features:
 Added Setup item “Allow UEFI 3rd party driver loaded” and set the default as disabled.
 Added security enhancements.
 Due to a security enhancement, it will not be possible to downgrade to any BIOS earlier than BIOS 0367.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back