Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sbouillon, I tried your config.plist. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I am afraid that Iris 6100 iGPU needs something different that i am missing. The thing is that the system worked ok until recently; now I have blacked out and I don't remember when/if I had changed anything before the problem started.

I will try a clean install (wanted to avoid that, I will use a separate drive anyway), then I will retry Rehabman's guide on a clean system and post to his thread.

Can someone with NUC5i7RYH verify that it works with the latest OSX 10.11.6 (including latest security update) and latest NUC BIOS ?

You might try my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...clover-uefi-nuc5i5mhye-nuc5i3myhe-etc.191011/

The support for different IGPUs in the SSDT-IGPU is a bit more extensive, and it is easy to add new ones...

for some reason after upgrading to the latest 10.11.6, no more artifacts on boot up screen until login page. installed in a 5i5

Bios 359 is out now.

Works without any modifications on the BIOS, just update, load default settings and re-set the old ones.

BTW: Updated to "Sierra", but can`t use any version of clover after r3726...strange.
With r3751 or r3763 I get endless reboot. All tested with the same config.plist.

Last edited:
I've updated to 3763 Clover, and've got bootloop as Api did.
But I can load via Clover in case turning off "Inject EDID" and leaving "InjectIntel" turned on under Graphics Injector settings.

Can't find the way to turn it off permanently via config.plist. Any help would be really appreciated.
screenshot5.png

I've updated to 3763 Clover, and've got bootloop as Api did.
But I can load via Clover in case turning off "Inject EDID" and leaving "InjectIntel" turned on under Graphics Injector settings.

Can't find the way to turn it off permanently via config.plist. Any help would be really appreciated.
View attachment 212154

config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=false.

It is a dumb change made in Clover.

Thanks, RehabMan, I've checked that box early, and it was unchecked for sure. But the strange thing, is that I couldn't found any "EDID" text at config.plist file.
So I've checked that box on, and it has appeared smth like that on config.plist:
<key>InjectEDID</key>
<true/>

All we need is to change "true" to "false". Save, reboot, and it works!

Thanks, RehabMan, I've checked that box early, and it was unchecked for sure. But the strange thing, is that I couldn't found any "EDID" text at config.plist file.
So I've checked that box on, and it has appeared smth like that on config.plist:
<key>InjectEDID</key>
<true/>

All we need is to change "true" to "false". Save, reboot, and it works!

No idea what you're talking about with "checked that box". Hopefully you're not using Clover Configurator...

I mean when I open clover configurator, it looks like that:
2016-09-26_20-19-18.png

But when I'm rebooting, I see that both EDID and Intel video are enabled (I've turned it off, and after that have made a screenshot, sorry).
screenshot5.png
During that, there are nothing found by "EDID" search at config.plist.

So I turn both checkboxes on at clover configurator,
2016-09-26_20-20-47.png
and after that I can find InjectEDID key at config.plist,
2016-09-26_20-23-05.png
and switch it to "false".
2016-09-26_20-24-14.png
After that everything works good for me, and I can use Sierra with clover 3763 on my NUC.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back