Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone with a working setup share his/her config.plist ? The OP's config does not work for me (anymore ?).

What's the correct combination of SMBIOS, SSDTs, and KextsToPatch entries in Clover ?

Is ig-platform-id needed and what is the right one for NUC5i7RYH ?

At least, once I remove Toleda's GPU SSDT I can have a slow non-accelerated screen. If I leave it inside CLOVER/ACPI/patched I get an extensively garbled desktop which disconnects to a garbled login screen every 20 seconds.
I don't have the i7 version. Do you want me to send you my i5 config.plist?

I don't have the i7 version. Do you want me to send you my i5 config.plist?
I suspect it is the Iris Pro 6100 of i7 but it would be nice, thanks Sbouillon. I will try yours and report back. I don't know what I am doing wrong, it was working ok before (maybe it's the 10.11.6 update ?). I also followed Rehabman's generic NUC5 guide and I get the same glitches/garbles.

hi,i have got the BCM94352Z chip wifi card,but which seems no place to insert,
intel said their m.2 only accept the M.2 ssd,pls advice .

hi,
Hi,
my first message on this board as well. thanks a lot ammulder!

I'm verry happy with 10.11.1 on my 5i5ryh

Using a Dell p2715q 3840x2160@60Hz via DP and it runs smoothly, besides the fact that it needs a power cycle after login, otherwise it stays black.

Also i activated the bluetooth and it runs nicely for me.

Thanks a lot for the great guid!
hi,pls advice how to activated the bluetooth ,which doesnot work on my nuc

I suspect it is the Iris Pro 6100 of i7 but it would be nice, thanks Sbouillon. I will try yours and report back. I don't know what I am doing wrong, it was working ok before (maybe it's the 10.11.6 update ?). I also followed Rehabman's generic NUC5 guide and I get the same glitches/garbles.
How do you want me to send it to you? Do you want to message me your email?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 123
edit: deleted comment. Uploaded config.plist to last post.

FYI: I have "fast boot" enabled on it.

I also followed Rehabman's generic NUC5 guide and I get the same glitches/garbles.

Reply in my guide thread. Attach files/output requested in "Problem Reporting".

Will a USB WIFI adapter, mac compatible, work with our machines? I'm trying to find a kext for the Netgear A6200 but I've given up. I'll buy an adapter specifically made for Mac if it will work.

You should buy a TP-Link AC600 Archer T2UH. It's a USB wifi adapter with a removable antenna.
Here would be the Mac OS drivers for this wifi adapter.
http://www.mediatek.com/en/downloads1/downloads/?sort=os

[Guide] 10.11 on Intel Broadwell NUC 2.0

Ok getting a little further after turning off Trusted Platform Serial Port, and GPIO Lockdown. Compared your bios screen shots to mine and made everything as close as possible,but not everything is the same on my model.

Never
get to the install screen. Stuck at this screen about 3/4 of the way. Any ideas?

View attachment 154027

thanks for the quick reply!

the same as me,do you slove it?

edit: deleted comment. Uploaded config.plist to last post.

FYI: I have "fast boot" enabled on it.

Thanks Sbouillon, I tried your config.plist. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I am afraid that Iris 6100 iGPU needs something different that i am missing. The thing is that the system worked ok until recently; now I have blacked out and I don't remember when/if I had changed anything before the problem started.

I will try a clean install (wanted to avoid that, I will use a separate drive anyway), then I will retry Rehabman's guide on a clean system and post to his thread.

Can someone with NUC5i7RYH verify that it works with the latest OSX 10.11.6 (including latest security update) and latest NUC BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back