Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
just installed, i confirm everything is working ok updated from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6

Anyone know where I can download OS X El Capitan before the last two updates they are too new so they don't support it!

just installed, i confirm everything is working ok updated from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6
How did you do it so I can download 10.11.6 from the App Store and it will work perfectly??

I just updated from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 via the App Store on my 5i7 and all went well. TRIM still enabled as others have said.

Hi all,

My NUC5i3MYHE running 10.11.6 has started to randomly shut down and show "processor thermal trip" warning on reboot. Checking in BIOS i don't think the processor is actually getting hot. Spoken to Intel who recommended updating the BIOS. I'm currently on 0030 - has anyone tried using the newest 0037 version and knows whether it will work?

EDIT - Updated bios to 0037 and seems to be running fine. Will see if it cures thermal trip! It is now doing the reboot thing after shutdown. Tried clicking for settings on page 1 but cannot seem to get them - can anyone send me the link? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,

My NUC5i3MYHE running 10.11.6 has started to randomly shut down and show "processor thermal trip" warning on reboot. Checking in BIOS i don't think the processor is actually getting hot. Spoken to Intel who recommended updating the BIOS. I'm currently on 0030 - has anyone tried using the newest 0037 version and knows whether it will work?

EDIT - Updated bios to 0037 and seems to be running fine. Will see if it cures thermal trip! It is now doing the reboot thing after shutdown. Tried clicking for settings on page 1 but cannot seem to get them - can anyone send me the link? Thanks

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Many thanks for the reply. Intel changed my NUC5i3MYHE under warranty and the new one can't go back to BIOS 0030! I'm sorry but I'm a little basic and couldn't follow Rehabman's post about IORegistry. I have downloaded version 2.1 as per the link but now don't know what to do with it! What do I attach IOreg to?

Many thanks for the reply. Intel changed my NUC5i3MYHE under warranty and the new one can't go back to BIOS 0030! I'm sorry but I'm a little basic and couldn't follow Rehabman's post about IORegistry. I have downloaded version 2.1 as per the link but now don't know what to do with it! What do I attach IOreg to?

Use File Save As. Compress resulting file as ZIP and attach to your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back