Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan: Are you experiencing graphics corruption when scrolling up and down in finder for example? I am running a skull canyon and the only two problems I have are graphics artifacts (flickering etc) and that booting into OSX is very unstable. There are times when it just fails, going from the apple logo to the ø logo. Sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't. Thanks!

Did you follow my guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.194177/

Yea up to power management. I tried the entire thing but reinstalled up to power management. When I replace the config.plist, I cannot seem to see my partitions on the nvme drive, using the skull canyon config.plist

Yea up to power management. I tried the entire thing but reinstalled up to power management. When I replace the config.plist, I cannot seem to see my partitions on the nvme drive, using the skull canyon config.plist

If you're following my guide, you should be replying in that thread, not this one.

And the reason you can't see the partitions in Clover is because you forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI. Make sure you read the guide carefully... details are important.

Well, I finally figure it out. I had to disable Serial Ports in my Devices within the BIOS (030, NUC5i5MYHE, 16GB RAM, 250GB mSATA, Dell Broadcom Wifi 802.11AC/Bluetooth 4.0 BCM20702A0). Now, the computer boots just fine without the bluetooth adapter connected.:)

I'm struggling with this installation. After starting the initial boot the progress bar gets almost half way then crashes before returning to the Clover boot menu. I have attached an image of the screen when it attempts to boot from Clover. I have the most recent BIOS 0035 for the NUC5i5MYHE. I have a Samsung m.2 EVO 850 250 GB and two 8 GB memory sticks. I've tried with just one memory module and also with a conventional SATA SSD instead of the Samsung. In my BIOS, there is no IR, Bluetooth or WLAN to uncheck. Everything else is as in the photos described in the first post. I've done about 7 hackintoshes in the past but this one has me stumped.

Using 10.11.4 built with Unibeast 6.2.0.

Hardware seems OK because I can install Ubuntu 16.04 and everything works fine.

TIA.

View attachment 194652

Well, I finally figure it out. I had to disable Serial Ports in my Devices within the BIOS (030, NUC5i5MYHE, 16GB RAM, 250GB mSATA, Dell Broadcom Wifi 802.11AC/Bluetooth 4.0 BCM20702A0). Now, the computer boots just fine without the bluetooth adapter connected.:)

I know you're not following my guide, but...

BIOS settings

To start, choose "Load Defaults" (choose from the menu or press F9 in the BIOS setup).

Then change:
- Devices->Onboard Devices->Legacy Device Configuration, disable "Serial Port" (panic in BT kexts if not disabled)

anyone tried the new 10.11.6 update? any problems encountered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back