Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide. I can't wait to receive my NUC5i3MYHE tomorrow, and start installing.

In your first post, it seems the link is broken to the fix. (Possibly with the new forum?)

Do we need to fix something, if we are installing for first time, using your guide?

Thanks.

10.11.4 WARNING: make this change before upgrading to 10.11.4, or use the fix in that post if you've already updated to 10.11.4 and can't boot any more.

duplicate, sorry.

Last edited:
I can enable 2560x1440 at 50Hz through mini-HDMI on an LG Ultrawide (3440x1440 native) using the SwitchResX System Preference on a NUCi7RYH. It does 2560x1440 at 60Hz through mini-Displayport. For those interested, those same refresh rates are available at this monitor's full 3440 pixel width as well through the same interfaces.

I haven't tried mini-HDMI yet on my new i5RYH that showed up yesterday.
Hi LewZealand,

could you share some details on your monitor, please? Running the same i7 Broadwell NUC with 10.11.4 and thinking about upgrading from my old 1080p Samsung to a 34" LG. Which model are you using? Any issues with it so far?

hi jqqqqqqqqqq, I am also interested in how you fixed the shutdown issue using Rehabman's intel 7/8 series usb patch. Is the link to the patch https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch? usb 7-series-multiplex.txt?

Can anybody else point me to the right direction? I am still facing shutdown issues on my NUC5i7RYH
Hi kbdi,

could you solve that shutdown issue? Facing the same troubles and I`m unable to solve it with any BIOS version and combination of Clover options so far.

Thanks

any help on this one please? basically just need to know how to have clover boot into my windows HD. Currently my OSX on M.2 drive is showing and working with clover however my Win10 drive which I had before I started this guide, is showing on clover but nothing happens when i click boot to windows from clover screen.

thank you

I wanted to report that native Bluetooth works perfect with no additional dongle needed on my i3 nuc.

any help on this one please? basically just need to know how to have clover boot into my windows HD. Currently my OSX on M.2 drive is showing and working with clover however my Win10 drive which I had before I started this guide, is showing on clover but nothing happens when i click boot to windows from clover screen.

thank you

Is Windows installed UEFI?

Hi,
I am having an issue and that is multibeast doesn't do its thing and install the audio and ethernet drivers, so is there a way to fix it.

Hi,
I am curious to know if anyone has managed to find a fix to the restart after shutdown issue for latest bios on a NUC5i3RYK.
I upgraded the bios from version 348 to 355, however it restarted after shutdown.
I checked that all the following were unchecked as suggested in an earlier post:
Wake on LAN from S4/S5
Wake System from S5
Wake on USB from S5
PCIe ASPM Support
Native ACPI OS PCIe Support

So I then re-flashed with older bios version in descending order, 354, 353, 352, 350, and all had the same restart issue. It appears only version 348 will not restart after shutdown on a NUC5i3RYK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back