Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I solved, makes only a subtle blink at half load, but the logo is correct until the end, I do not think you can do better, clover configurator...
Ciao
Marco

Comment: Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x
Name: IOGraphicsFamily
Find: <0100007517>
Replace: <010000eb17>

Thanks a lot Marco, this is the first fix that has actually done anything for me on my 5i3RYK. There is only a split second when the logo flashes to the lined logo than back to normal.

Thanks a lot Marco, this is the first fix that has actually done anything for me on my 5i3RYK. There is only a split second when the logo flashes to the lined logo than back to normal.

:):thumbup:

Hi all , I have OS X installed on my NUC5i3 captain . everything works fine , but the sound sometimes stops working, restart the computer and it works correctly , but soon stops working again, you can be? install Realtek ALC283 . help

It worked with the tp link wifi dongle! And the wireless utility works and can launch from the bar at the bottom. Fantastic! Thank you.

This guide worked great to get my NUC5i5MYHE working with 10.11.3!

One thing that I was curious about was the Intel AMT functionality. (For reference) When I try to VNC to the machine's "console", the screen loads fine and I can watch something happening remotely, but the keyboard/mouse functionality doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried this before or figured out if there's some other type of kext that's need in Clover (or elsewhere) to make this portion work?

Thanks for any help.

This guide worked great to get my NUC5i5MYHE working with 10.11.3!

One thing that I was curious about was the Intel AMT functionality. (For reference) When I try to VNC to the machine's "console", the screen loads fine and I can watch something happening remotely, but the keyboard/mouse functionality doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried this before or figured out if there's some other type of kext that's need in Clover (or elsewhere) to make this portion work?

Thanks for any help.

Enable VNC user and password in remote mac

Attachments

• screenshot_05.png
    screenshot_05.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 135
Dont Upgrade to 10.11.4 Beta 4 if your on this NUC, it will break your install. (Safe Mode and Cache flushes dont work- looks like clover related as it seems they have added Skylake Support)

I was just fortunate that I had a Time Machine backup that I could restore my machine from.

Just a friendly warning to anyone using the Samsung 950 Pro or any other NVMe SSD with the macvidcards driver, I've had a few failed boots in a row this week with clover claiming errors reading (or determining permissions) my NVMe boot drive. (Error 33? I don't recall at the moment.) The NVMe driver has otherwise been stable for me -- and I'm not positive it's the culprit -- but it is a beta driver written by a single kind soul and hasn't gone through much validation. So keep those drive clones handy.

Speaking of which: does SuperDuper copy the EFI partition in addition to the OSX partition? Can clover boot directly off a SuperDuper clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back