Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, just follow the guide, including the Windows installation procedure in the appendix.

Just a note: it is not necessary to have only one EFI partition with clover/windows dual boot.
I have made second EFI partition (on the same 120GB intel m.2 ssd) where is just clover installed, and I boot it directly from NUC5i5RYK uefi with F10 - uefi will recognize second EFI partition as bootable system and it will allow you to boot it, without any interference with windows EFI bootloader.
If you set clover config.plist to fast boot (clover configurator, at Boot tab), at boot time clover will not
ask what to boot, but will boot directly to osx.

I have an NUC5i5RYH on stock bluetooth with working Apple wireless keyboard & trackpad.

I have also followed Not Shy's guide to enable wake from sleep using the wireless keyboard & trackpad successfully.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/7282-not-shys-guide-potentially-fix-bluetooth-sleep-wake.html

The problem is that the battery of both the wireless keyboard & trackpad would drain excessively (30-40% overnight) if I do not switch off the main power after shutdown.

Edit/PS: The problem with battery drainage occurs with or without enabling wake from sleep

That driver is really only at the "proof of concept" stage -- it identifies compatible hardware but doesn't let you connect to wireless networks yet. But in the absence of contact from rammo, I figured I'd take a swing at porting the Linux driver myself. It turns out that it's a pretty lengthy process, so I would plan to check back every couple weeks or so.

That driver is really only at the "proof of concept" stage -- it identifies compatible hardware but doesn't let you connect to wireless networks yet. But in the absence of contact from rammo, I figured I'd take a swing at porting the Linux driver myself. It turns out that it's a pretty lengthy process, so I would plan to check back every couple weeks or so.

thank you very much

Since you're the guru of the NUC, I wanted to ask if you have solved the problem of graphic logo at boot.

Thanks

Attachments

• alogo.jpg
    alogo.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 107

I don't check in very often so I am just now seeing this. I applaud your efforts to follow Rammos' steps in porting that driver. While I don't think I would be of any assistance with the development itself I am happy to help out in any way that I can. I don't know what hardware you have, but if you need someone with a 7265 to test anything please feel free to reach out via email or pm.

Goodluck dude!

Thank you so much for this guide Ammulder. I have the latest firmware for 5i5ryk, with 500gb 850 evo ssd, and no problem so far...

Can anyone offer any help identifying a wireless USB dongle which will work out of the box?

My TPlink TLWN823N isn't recognised...

Also, when I go online will I only be able to use the appstore with my wife''s apple I'D (hers was the Mac I used to set up). The only apple ID I personally have is attached to ipads. I don't own a mac.

Thanks all.

whallsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back