Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
all my devices are paired successful but some connection ok, some failed.

Mostly Working:
Dell P2715Q (4k@60Hz)via DisplayPort: Boot into OSX, monitor goes to power save mode , but when you using power button close it and reopen , it works.

hi,

yes , just tried , you get reboot also ....so i flashed back to 348. voila....

Hey Everyone!

I am a total noob, and have setup my Intel Nuc i5 RYH with El Capitan. The installation has been a easy task thanks to the guide. The only problem that does occurs is once in a while after booting up a prohibited sign is given while trying to load the OSX. I've read many forms, and have tried several things, but nothing has resolved the issue yet. I will be attempting a fresh install hoping it resolves it.

Does anyone have an idea what the cause can be ? I am not sure why this started after a few boots, and the only change done to the NUC is the installation of a logitech keyboard driver.

FYI: Bluetooth is operational with 10.11.1 & 10.11.2 on this NUC

Has anyone tried to run the OS X El Capitan v10.11.2 update (the Nov 30th update) from 10.11.1?

I'm especially keen to hear if anyone has done it on the i3 NUC5i3MYHE.

There were three pieces to this update - the Recovery Update, The 10.11.2 update, and the Digital Camera Raw update. There was maybe an iTunes update in there too but I ran that one separately (no problems there).

Many thanks to all here for help!

On my NUC5i5RYK, the update went smoothly, but now after sleep/wake the Ethernet port always shows disconnected. There have been some driver updates, so I'm going to try the latest and see if that fixes it.

Ammulder,

I am happy to report after my post a fresh new install was done, and do recall in my first installation I never replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Since, the new install I have boot my NUC roughly 20 times, and have yet to received an error.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to making this work with the Broadwell NUCs, especially ammulder! :clap::clap:

I had 10.11.1 working on a NUC5i7RYH and updated to 10.11.2 without major incident though sound failed the first time I tried it (working OK now). I didn't test Ethernet after wake as my machines are always on but I'll try the driver update if it becomes a problem.

Oh, and Amazon will be sendng me a NUC5i5RYH tomorrow so the adventure continues…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back