Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!! NUC5i3MYHE on 10.11 (Intel Broadwell NUC 2.0)

Happy to report a very straightforward and successful install with my NUC5i3MYHE on BIOS 0032.

Headphone audio fix worked beautifully.

No wireless stuff yet - wanted to prove that the thing would run at all before getting fancier, but I will now go ahead and order one of the recommended cards.

I will post all my BIOS screen shots for the community this evening so that others with this hardware can benefit.

ammulder - thank you SO much for your patience and assistance! Hooray!

=======
Duh!! :banghead: Thanks so much for looking over the EFI folder. I clearly managed to mess that step up somehow (probably the 2nd time around from scratch).

I am now booting to the installer! Will report back results when I'm done. Thanks so much!!

Last edited:
Sezdec, thank you so much for your method, the audio didn't dropouts anymore.:clap:

This is the best tutorial of the NUC with OSX EL Capitan!!! Thank you Ammulder!

I am planning to buy the NUC i7 with two DELL U2414H and use the DP daisy chain connection. Does anyone try such combination with EL Capitan?

Sezdec, thank you so much for your methor, the audio didn't dropouts anymore.:clap:

No problem - happy to contribute.

I've done a few more hours of testing, and my audio is still working with no dropouts or distortion. I can still hear the occasional pop or crackle via headphones if no audio is playing, but but as soon as I play a song or trigger a system sound the audio works fine.

Just a word of warning about the aggregate device - once you've set it up and confirmed it's working, don't change its settings (i.e. via Audio Midi Setup). I tried this and lost audio completely. I had to delete the aggregate device and create a new one, which restored audio.

This is the best tutorial of the NUC with OSX EL Capitan!!! Thank you Ammulder!

I am planning to buy the NUC i7 with two DELL U2414H and use the DP daisy chain connection. Does anyone try such combination with EL Capitan?

I have not tried that, but it sounds like a cool idea! :)

Hello, concerning the Fix Dual Booting part...
I followed your guide but I don't have the "Boot Windows from EFI" inside Clover, I only have "Boot Windows from " which will just reboot the computer...

Any idea ?

I haven't seen that before. Did you install Windows or El Capitan first? Did you install Windows in UEFI mode? Do you have other Windows boot options in the Clover that you can try?

[SUB]just setup my hack NUC5i5RYH with this guide
[/SUB]Thank you Ammulder![SUB]

i'm using LG cinema 4k (4096*2160) 31MU97 monitor
after the setup process, i've seen some artificial fonts/image on the top side
i need to change the bios setting IGD minimum memory to 256mb and IGD aperture size to 512mb to avoid those problem

[/SUB]

ammulder,

Thanks a ton for posting this. I'm a longtime lurker and recent joiner to the forum! Got my start hackintoshing my Lenovo Y580 thanks to a different thread, but that is a story for another time :)

I've recently purchased a nuc5i5myhe and am currently trying to get El Capitan booting on it. I'm experiencing almost the same issues that recoveringwindowsuser did but of course my NUC platform is different.

The guide doesn't list specific SSDT files for my 5i5myhe and I considered that this might be the cause of my install problems. I tried using the i5 SSDT and i3 SSDT-1 as they are the closest match for my platform. Unfortunately I'm not too keen on what it takes to generate these files - do you have any pointers?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back