Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] 10.11 on Intel Broadwell NUC 2.0

Bluetooth is working on the NUC5i7RYH.
I'm about to order a USB dongle and put it inside the NUC chassis using the internal 2x USB2.0 connector.

A USB dongle for wireless? Let us know which one you get (it must be pretty small to fit!) and how it works out.

I got an external one to try; I didn't even think about trying to get one small enough to fit inside, but it's a neat idea!

I already installed Yosemite on my NUC - can I just upgrade without problems?

If you installed Yosemite with Clover, you should be able to upgrade easily enough. Just make sure you've configured the kexts on the EFI partition for El Capitan, and put the RtVariables settings into your config.plist.

A USB dongle for wireless? Let us know which one you get (it must be pretty small to fit!) and how it works out.

I got an external one to try; I didn't even think about trying to get one small enough to fit inside, but it's a neat idea!

Hello, the DWA-131 Wireless dongle works perfectly on "El Capitan" following this guide.
I'll now work on creating my own connector to hide the dongle inside the NUC.

First off, ammulder, thank you so much for all your efforts on this. i've been hoping to get a Broadwell NUCintosh going for months.

I bought a 5i3MYHE today. hardware:

(2) 4GB Crucial 1.35v DIMMs
I'm using an older Kingston SSD (a 128GB MODEL SV100S2128G) until I can get my hands on an M.2 SSD
mini DP -> HDMI adapter
an HP2710m display

I dont have one of the Broadcom Wifi/Bluetooth cards yet, but wireless is a nice to have, not a must for me.

I went through your excellent guide 2x before posting this. Unfortunately I never get past the installation part - I get a kernel panic about 1/2 way through the (Clover USB installer) boot process. I've attached a couple of screen shots from the NUC's BIOS as well as the error I'm getting when the panic occurs.

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks so much again.

Attachments

• crash_clover_install.JPG
    crash_clover_install.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 236
  • onboard device setttings.jpg
    onboard device setttings.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 218
  • make_model.jpg
    make_model.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 143

Proper installation, fantastic job! but I can not adjust the screen at a resolution of 1920x1080. Automatically Adjusts it it to 800x600. Can i bring the resolution to 1920x1080? how? Thank you!!!:D

Proper installation, fantastic job! but I can not adjust the screen at a resolution of 1920x1080. Automatically Adjusts it it to 800x600. Can i bring the resolution to 1920x1080? how? Thank you!!!:D

What model NUC and which video output are you using? Do you have a different monitor you can try just temporarily and see if there's a similar issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back