Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] 10.11 on Intel Broadwell NUC 2.0

Yeah, if the directory already exists you can just run the mount part after the "&&" (sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI) or else use the tool like n3oNLit3 suggests.

Yeah, if the directory already exists you can just run the mount part after the "&&" (sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI) or else use the tool like n3oNLit3 suggests.

I like the tool, simple is better for me sometimes :think:... Couple clicks and tada - EFI

Thanks guys,

mount worked, the scripted worked, but the jack doesn't. :)

I checked the system/sound but the only output source was the t.v. .... Even when I have the headphones plugged in all I get is the sounds from the t.v.

Any suggestions?

Question? if I were to run this command, it would mount the wrong EFI as my Boot Disk EFI is not at disk0.. :think: How does this work then? :think:

Screenshot 2015-09-23 06.50.54.jpg

Question: how the heck can you tell from that screenshot which disk is which?

Contrast with "diskutil list" which gives you the volume names so you can select the EFI partition on the correct disk. :)

diskutil list is something I use, but its telling you your current Boot Disk in the top stuff.. Clover Configurator has its own version of diskutil list, if you were mounting your EFI that way, but it also tells you your current Boot Disk

Edit**
And I know from memory ;)

I got a picture of the error I am getting booting El Cap on the NUC, seems its a kernel cache issue or something like......

Anyone have any clues?
I have solved my problem! The kernel panic is caused by having the bottom most Ram Slot on the NUC empty.

You have to fill that slot (or swap the dimm occuping the top to the bottom) and then you will not get the kernel panic.

You may wish to add this to the tutorial as it seems there are few other people that are getting this problem and its not just restricted to the NUC....
Installing El Capitan now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back