Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
NUCi5
I did a clean Sierra install on my NUC 5i3RYH. Everything works well, except for WiFi/Bluetooth...
Do you know if there is an USB combo adapter Wifi/Bluetooth that works?

Thanks!
Hi,

I am also having NUC 5i3RYH and I want to install clean Sierra installation, pl suggest how to start as installation guide.

thanks.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3RYH
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am also having NUC 5i3RYH and I want to install clean Sierra installation, pl suggest how to start as installation guide.

thanks.
Hi.
I simply followed the guide on the first page.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3RYH
CPU
Intel core i3 5010u
Graphics
HD5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i installed El capitan on my Intel NUC5i3RYH and used the latest bios. Did everything as the guide said and everything worked out. Bluetooth was disabled as said in the guide, so i tried to enable it to see if it works for my apple keyboard. Weird enough it works without any tweaks. Maybe because of the latest bios version?

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 / RX 580
@Legindary, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I did a clean Sierra install on my NUC 5i3RYH. Everything works well, except for WiFi/Bluetooth...
Do you know if there is an USB combo adapter Wifi/Bluetooth that works?

Thanks!
Hi gsa390,

Could you share me a copy of your clover EFI folder? I did everything but still got hung after apple log goes crazy during the installation.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So i installed El capitan on my Intel NUC5i3RYH and used the latest bios. Did everything as the guide said and everything worked out. Bluetooth was disabled as said in the guide, so i tried to enable it to see if it works for my apple keyboard. Weird enough it works without any tweaks. Maybe because of the latest bios version?
Hi Legindary,
What is the latest bios you used?
Does it fix the integrated bluetooth draining batteries quickly?

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3RYH
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3RYH
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone tried to install High Sierra?

Motherboard
Intel NUC i7 RYH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Iris 6100
Anyone tried to install High Sierra?

About to. In prep I have gotten the latest Clover. Per RehabMan's guide here I will also put the apfs.efi in the proper Clover folder and see how it goes. My install is basically stock but for Clover. I use an external audio device so do not apply any audio patches, can't help with those.

Motherboard
Intel NUC i7 RYH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Iris 6100
Forgot to move kexts from 10.12 folder to 10.13 (whoops). After doing so in the UEFI shell everything seems normal.

There are multiple reboots during the install. First is to "boot to macOS install" as you have surely seen before, and there is a second one for "boot into file vault" or some such. You want to boot each one as they appear (they will be first in your list each time).

To clarify:

• put apfs.efi in proper clover folder per RehabMan's post here
  • Move kexts to 10.13 or 'other'
  • run installer normally, boot each new boot entry as it appears
  • that's it, works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.