Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I di nothing special, it just works :D

Great Guide @ammulder! But I still have a Problem at Dual Boot. I followed your instructions carefully step by step, but when I copy CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi there is no more any bootable device. The exact Problem is, that I get "A Bootable device has not been detected" when turning on. Only if I boot from my El Capitan install USB, I can boot either to OS X or to Windows. Without El Capitan install USB I just get the Message above. What am I doing wrong? Im using a M.2 Sata 1TB SSD.

My EFI Folder is attached to this post.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.7 MB · Views: 110
Now I can confirm that everything works on my NUC5i5MYHE, but I think the Appendix B of the guide at "fix Dual Boot" it should be more obvious that I had to rename CLOVERX64.efi to bootmgfw.efi
That would have save me couple of hours in searching.
Nonetheless great guide!

Hi need some help please. I have installed sierra successfully. I now just need to install win10 on a separate drive on my NUC.
Can someone please share how to do so, i tried following the guide but it was for a single drive dual boot method which doesn't apply to me
i'm particularly not sure how to format the other drive using diskutil ( one i want to install win10 on) on OSX - Which format and scheme? so that I can split the new drive in 2 partitions one where i will be installing Win10 and the other to use by both OSX and Win10 for storage purposes.
also the guide mentions mounting an EFI can you please help with how that is done?

many thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back