Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiggitay, this is great, I would like to follow a guide for the same NUC on Sierra only. What did you do? Were you based upon this thread for El Capitan? What specific changes did you make?

I changed nothing except installing Multibeast for Sierra. lol. I had made an install USB drive using other means that I won't detail here, but besides that I followed what the El Capitan guide said to do, and I was successful. I wish it was that seamless and easy to do on my Z77 hardware. I started a thread on that, but no one's answered.

Hello,

I have Mac Os El Capitan 10.11.6 installed on my Intel Nuc working fine, do you think I can install the Mac os Sierra Update from my current setup?

Hello,

I have Mac Os El Capitan 10.11.6 installed on my Intel Nuc working fine, do you think I can install the Mac os Sierra Update from my current setup?

I'd say clone your working El Cap install and give it a shot! I had Sierra on my NUC for a bit, but stuff I wanted to do wasn't compatible with it. If you have apps that you know will work on Sierra, I don't see how it could hurt. Just my $0.02.

Hello,

Hello ,
same configuration NUC and EL Capitan 10.11.6 , someone updated to os Sierra ? thanks in advanced ....

Hello ,
same configuration NUC and EL Capitan 10.11.6 , someone updated to os Sierra ? thanks in advanced ....

I just want to say that I tried this guide on a NUC5i3MYHE and Sierra.
Works perfectly! Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm a beginner on Hackintosh. I followed this guide to install El Capitan on a NUC5i3RYH, then I updated to Sierra. Everything works fine, but I don't know what to think about this:

Does it mean that it's impossible to enable trimming... and should I worry about it?

I've installed and reinstalled Sierra more times on my NUC than I want to count... I tried installing El Cap and then doing a simple upgrade, but that messed stuff up... I finally decided to just clean install and it's been good ever since. If you're having issues with audio I suggest using @toleda's HDMI Audio SSDT for your chipset. I just installed it and it seems 10000000000% more reliable than the kext. I had the kext installed but then for some reason my NUC restart or something and then it couldn't boot properly and it was stuck on the Ø during Clover boot. I rebooted again and it booted up, but I had no audio... soo yeah use the SSDT from here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back