Graphics
Iris Plus 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just updated from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6 via the App Store on my 5i7 and all went well. TRIM still enabled as others have said.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3MYHE
CPU
Intel i3
Graphics
Intel HD graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

My NUC5i3MYHE running 10.11.6 has started to randomly shut down and show "processor thermal trip" warning on reboot. Checking in BIOS i don't think the processor is actually getting hot. Spoken to Intel who recommended updating the BIOS. I'm currently on 0030 - has anyone tried using the newest 0037 version and knows whether it will work?

EDIT - Updated bios to 0037 and seems to be running fine. Will see if it cures thermal trip! It is now doing the reboot thing after shutdown. Tried clicking for settings on page 1 but cannot seem to get them - can anyone send me the link? Thanks

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

My NUC5i3MYHE running 10.11.6 has started to randomly shut down and show "processor thermal trip" warning on reboot. Checking in BIOS i don't think the processor is actually getting hot. Spoken to Intel who recommended updating the BIOS. I'm currently on 0030 - has anyone tried using the newest 0037 version and knows whether it will work?

EDIT - Updated bios to 0037 and seems to be running fine. Will see if it cures thermal trip! It is now doing the reboot thing after shutdown. Tried clicking for settings on page 1 but cannot seem to get them - can anyone send me the link? Thanks

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3MYHE
CPU
Intel i3
Graphics
Intel HD graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Many thanks for the reply. Intel changed my NUC5i3MYHE under warranty and the new one can't go back to BIOS 0030! I'm sorry but I'm a little basic and couldn't follow Rehabman's post about IORegistry. I have downloaded version 2.1 as per the link but now don't know what to do with it! What do I attach IOreg to?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Many thanks for the reply. Intel changed my NUC5i3MYHE under warranty and the new one can't go back to BIOS 0030! I'm sorry but I'm a little basic and couldn't follow Rehabman's post about IORegistry. I have downloaded version 2.1 as per the link but now don't know what to do with it! What do I attach IOreg to?

Use File Save As. Compress resulting file as ZIP and attach to your reply.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3MYHE
CPU
Intel i3
Graphics
Intel HD graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RehabMan - is this what you meant?

Attachments

• IOReg copy.zip
    520 KB · Views: 62
  • CLOVER copy.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    934 bytes · Views: 66
  • Terminal Saved Output2.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 69
Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3MYHE
CPU
Intel i3
Graphics
Intel HD graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't see any glaring problems in this ioreg.

OK thanks for looking. A bigger problem I am having is everytime my computer goes to sleep - it crashes within 5 seconds and then shows "processor thermal trip" warning on reboot. I'm pretty sure looking in the BIOS that the processor is not getting hot and it doesn't ever shutdown when the computer is in use. Anyone else had this? Intel sent me a warranty replacement and it is doing it on this one as well?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK thanks for looking. A bigger problem I am having is everytime my computer goes to sleep - it crashes within 5 seconds and then shows "processor thermal trip" warning on reboot. I'm pretty sure looking in the BIOS that the processor is not getting hot and it doesn't ever shutdown when the computer is in use. Anyone else had this? Intel sent me a warranty replacement and it is doing it on this one as well?

You might try following my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...clover-uefi-nuc5i5mhye-nuc5i3myhe-etc.191011/

My guide includes a more complete USB setup, correctly named Intel MEI, CodecCommander for fixing AppleHDA, IntelMausiEthernet instead of AppleIntelE1000e, and probably some other things not noticed and not accounted for by this guide.

Note that MacBookAir5,2 is a very strange choice for Broadwell hardware.

Strange too that your kextstat output shows AppleLPC not loaded, yet AppleLPC is loaded in ioreg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.