Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have access to windows computer. Just tried making usb boot as per guide here but still does not get recognised by computer at boot.

Since your computer *is* a "Windows computer", I assume you mean you have no computer with Windows already running...

You can also do the same task (copy ISO to USB) with OS X or with Linux.

Hello,

I really need some help with the sound...

I have an LG ultrawide monitor using HDMI. Unfortunately, I can only control the sound on the monitor. The volume control button is greyed out in the bar on top of the screen.

If I plug in headphones, I'm able to control the sound through OSx... It's just the monitor that won't allow it.

I tried downloading the drivers from LG's website but it hasn't changed anything.

Please help... It's for my parents and their getting upset with me :).

Thank you,

Hello,

I really need some help with the sound...

I have an LG ultrawide monitor using HDMI. Unfortunately, I can only control the sound on the monitor. The volume control button is greyed out in the bar on top of the screen.

If I plug in headphones, I'm able to control the sound through OSx... It's just the monitor that won't allow it.

I tried downloading the drivers from LG's website but it hasn't changed anything.

Please help... It's for my parents and their getting upset with me :).

Thank you,

You're asking for a feature that OS X does not provide. Volume for HDMI audio is controlled on the device itself.

Are you referring to OSx on Intel NUC? Because my Macbook Pro will control the sound on my TV when I plug it in through HDMI. I'm able to do all of the controlling on my Macbook so I know it's possible... I also plugged in my MBP to this same monitor and it allowed it.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the Realtek drivers?

Honestly, I have no idea... If you say that I can't fix it then I'll accept that. I don't want to debate. I just know I'm able to with a "Genuine" Apple product.

Here is a couple photos. I don't know how to embed them so I put it on Imgur.
http://imgur.com/a/vhbTB

Are you referring to OSx on Intel NUC? Because my Macbook Pro will control the sound on my TV when I plug it in through HDMI. I'm able to do all of the controlling on my Macbook so I know it's possible... I also plugged in my MBP to this same monitor and it allowed it.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the Realtek drivers?

Honestly, I have no idea... If you say that I can't fix it then I'll accept that. I don't want to debate. I just know I'm able to with a "Genuine" Apple product.

Here is a couple photos. I don't know how to embed them so I put it on Imgur.

There are no native audio controls (volume, mute, etc) for external HDMI/DP devices in OS X.
Just tested on my Apple MacBookAir6,2.

You probably have some third party software installed on my MacBookPro that is enabling it.

There are no native audio controls (volume, mute, etc) for external HDMI/DP devices in OS X.
Just tested on my Apple MacBookAir6,2.

You probably have some third party software installed on my MacBookPro that is enabling it.

You were right... Sorry. I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Will a USB WIFI adapter, mac compatible, work with our machines? I'm trying to find a kext for the Netgear A6200 but I've given up. I'll buy an adapter specifically made for Mac if it will work.

Thank you

Hi, I could need some help. I just installed El Capitan on my NUC5i3RYH following the guide. I am running BIOS 358 and used version 10.11.6 from the Appstore. It installed and starts just fine, however, I have a lot of graphics bugs and glitches. I get twitches and artifacts when doing literally anything. I can't even really surf, because most websites are unreadable when moving the cursor or scrolling. When I try to open the Launchpad, it takes 10-20 seconds while building up the screen line by line.
Is there anything I have overlooked or does anyone have an idea what I could try?

My NUC5i7RYH worked great for months, being connected to a 4K TV via a mini HDMI cable (but I used it at 1080p) . I was only getting a small glitch while viewing the Apple logo and loading meter during booting but once booted it was ok. After summer vacations I get really bad garbage/artifacts on both login screen and desktop. The screen is garbled all the time, even without moving the mouse and even when viewing the screen from Apple Remote Desktop. I don't recall changing anything. I've now tried updating Clover, MacOSX from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6, changing SMBIOS from MacBookAir 6,2 to 7,2 but still nothing. My BIOS is v358. Any ideas ?

Last edited:
My NUC5i7RYH worked great for months, being connected to a 4K TV via a mini HDMI cable (but I used it at 1080p) . I was only getting a small glitch while viewing the Apple logo and loading meter during booting but once booted it was ok. After summer vacations I get really bad garbage/artifacts on both login screen and desktop. The screen is garbled all the time, even without moving the mouse and even when viewing the screen from Apple Remote Desktop. I don't recall changing anything. I've now tried updating Clover, MacOSX from 10.11.5 to 10.11.6, changing SMBIOS from MacBookAir 6,2 to 7,2 but still nothing. My BIOS is v358. Any ideas ?

Can someone with a working setup share his/her config.plist ? The OP's config does not work for me (anymore ?).

What's the correct combination of SMBIOS, SSDTs, and KextsToPatch entries in Clover ?

Is ig-platform-id needed and what is the right one for NUC5i7RYH ?

At least, once I remove Toleda's GPU SSDT I can have a slow non-accelerated screen. If I leave it inside CLOVER/ACPI/patched I get an extensively garbled desktop which disconnects to a garbled login screen every 20 seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back