Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] 10.11 on Intel Broadwell NUC 2.0

Thanks for the guide. Just installed El Capitan GM on Nuc i7 :)
No problems so far.

Sounds good!

I just tried a fresh install on a NUC5i5RYK with the latest Clover build and toleda's audio script, and that all worked. I've updated the guide accordingly.

Have you tried the GM release?

I haven't, but I might sit tight for the next week and do a fresh install with the official release using your updated guide. I'll report back on how that goes.

Hi Everyone,

I almost finished installing El Capitan, I get audio using HDMI, but I can't seem to follow the audio jack direction.

"Unzip and run the audio_cloverALC-110.command script you copied from the postinstall directory of the USB drive earlier. You will need to be online for this script to work.

• Answer "y" to ALC283, "y" to Clover injection, and "y" to audio ID 1 and let the script complete"

I can't seem to get the script to work. When I click on the audio_clover file, it say "Could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.

Also, why does it go to the clover boot every time I restart...Shouldn't it boot "normally" or is it always going to go to the clover boot and you have to select Boot Mac OS X from "Your Computer" ?

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Hi Everyone,

I almost finished installing El Capitan, I get audio using HDMI, but I can't seem to follow the audio jack direction.

"Unzip and run the audio_cloverALC-110.command script you copied from the postinstall directory of the USB drive earlier. You will need to be online for this script to work.

• Answer "y" to ALC283, "y" to Clover injection, and "y" to audio ID 1 and let the script complete"

I can't seem to get the script to work. When I click on the audio_clover file, it say "Could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.

Also, why does it go to the clover boot every time I restart...Shouldn't it boot "normally" or is it always going to go to the clover boot and you have to select Boot Mac OS X from "Your Computer" ?

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

I believe you have to be Super User and not just admin, but Ive never run into this. Are you the admin? IDK about this one totally. Someone else can jump in here:thumbup:

It is going to go to the Clover Bootloader, each time.. You can set the default disk to boot and you can set the timer, to 0 (zero) seconds and it will auto boot your system. This can all be done in Clover Configurator. If you need further explanation just ask and I can post some pics

Re-download it on the hack your on. Make Sure you have BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x3 in your Config.plist.

My best guess is that somehow the file wasn't marked as executable when it was unzipped. You can run "chmod" on it to fix that. Open a terminal window, and run
Code:
chmod u+x path/to/audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command
(You can drag the script to the terminal window and it will fill in the last argument there, so you only really need to type the "chmod u+x " with a space at the end and then drag it in and then hit enter to run the command.)

After you run the chmod, try double-clicking the script again. If it says it can't run because it wasn't signed by an approved developer or whatever, you can right-click it and choose "Open" and it should prompt you to let it run anyway.

You need to mount your EFI partition with a command like this:
Code:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Then edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and look for a section like this:
Code:
    <key>DefaultVolume</key>
    <string>MacHDD</string>
    <key>Legacy</key>
    <string>PBR</string>
    <key>Secure</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <integer>5</integer>

Change whatever it says in the "string" entry after DefaultVolume (in this example, MacHDD) to be the name you gave your system drive. So for instance if yours is "Hackintosh HD" you'd change it to <string>Hackintosh HD</string>

Then you can save the file and eject the EFI disk in Finder. Next time you reboot, it should sit at the Clover menu for however many seconds it says after "Timeout" in that section above, and then boot automatically to OS X on the drive you specified.

Thanks for the helpful info.

chmod seems to work and I can now run the audio script but I can't seem to mount the partial EFI.

When I type in the code: mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

It says it already
exists...and when I run the script it says EFI partial not found....

Anyone know how I can mount the partial EFI...it would make my day :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the helpful info.

chmod seems to work and I can now run the audio script but I can't seem to mount the partial EFI.

When I type in the code: mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

It says it already
exists...and when I run the script it says EFI partial not found....

Anyone know how I can mount the partial EFI...it would make my day :)

Thanks!

EFI Mounter v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back