- Oct 13, 2011
- MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
- i7 8700K
- RX 5700 XT
Use the AppleIntelE1000e driver instead.
Another good way to solve the issue of not being able to boot after upgrading without having to create a Unibeast with after upgrading to .4 is:
1) Boot into the rescue image from Cloverleaf (should work find even after upgrade)
2) Open a terminal
3) Mount the EFI partition:
a) mkdir /Volumes/efi b) mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi
4) navigate to /Volumes/efi/CLOVER/
5) make a backup of our config.plist
a) cp config.plist config.plist.backup
6) edit config.plist to change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67
a) vi config.plist
If your not familiar with vi. "x" deletes a character "i" goes to insert mode - ESC takes you out of insert mode, ":wq" writes the files an quits
7) reboot - into normal partition and all is good!
Fix Dual Booting
You should now be able to boot to both Windows and OS X!
- At this point, the NUC is booting only to Windows. Insert your El Capitan install USB drive and restart. Use F10 if needed to boot to the USB.
- You should see a Clover menu. Select Boot Mac OS X from YourDriveName.
- Once in OS X, mount your EFI partition. You may need to use diskutil list to identify the correct partition, but the typical command is:Code:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
- Go to the EFI partition
- Go to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi
- Copy EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
- Eject the El Capitan install USB drive
- You should get a Clover menu, with the usual settings to boot to OS X and also new Windows options. To start Windows, select Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from EFI.
- After future Windows updates, Windows may reset the EFI partition to boot only to Windows again. You'll need to repeat the steps in this section.