Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed waking up from sleep also doesn't work. The computer turns on but no picture is pushed to the monitor. New to the Hackintosh community. Any help or guidance on where to look is appreciated.

Quick update in case anyone runs into this. I got both 1080p and sleep working perfectly. Replacing the MDP to VGA cable with a mini HDMI cable resolved both of them. Fully functional Mac mini! Great guide!

hello,
after sometime i'd hear a pop in the speakers and no more sound, i'd have to log out and back in to recover my sound. I'd also hear random pops while using the computer.

I think this has something to do with the speakers and OSX. I have a similar problem when using powered external speakers, however if i use bluetooth speakers or headphones I dont have the popping sound.
I have read on Mac forums where others were having the same problem with Mac's, probably because of no shielding on the speakers cable.
This problem didnt happen under windows or linux on the same PC with the same speakers.

After reading the initial issues upgrading to 10.11.4, I sat tight but finally followed the advice in post #574 and changed CsrActiveConfig from 0x3 to 0x67 prior to updating NUC #1 to 10.11.4 and everything worked perfectly. Now for NUC #2… Thanks ammulder and the rest of the community!

I think this has something to do with the speakers and OSX. I have a similar problem when using powered external speakers, however if i use bluetooth speakers or headphones I dont have the popping sound.
I have read on Mac forums where others were having the same problem with Mac's, probably because of no shielding on the speakers cable.
This problem didnt happen under windows or linux on the same PC with the same speakers.

I have the same issue but haven't spent the time to troubleshoot the permanent fix yet. One thing which helps without logging out or restarting is to switch the audio output to HDMI or another and then back. However, this doesn't work every time and in fact I've just switched to using the HDMI out all the time.

thanks for the input(pun intended), switched to using hdmi, for video and audio, now works fine. will test it out. do you notice any difference in video quality between using hdmi and dvi?

i am able to use builtin bluetooth, by running ubuntu from a usb flashdrive, turning on bluetooth in ubuntu and putting bluetooth in discover mode as well. then reboot into mac os x.

running great now.

Hi,
i just finish my hack is about Nuc5i3RYH i add 128 m.2 ssd and 750hdd also 8GB of ram, the machine works ok but there are a few things to do like:
For wireless i use a USB from Edimax EW 7711MAC wich works with any genuine mac, anyway when i put the machine on sleep it will wake after a few seconds, if i remove the EW 7711 the machine will sleep fine.

The bluetooth is on from instalation but i cannot pair with any device and also connot turn it off.

There is a way to use bluetooth from NUC for handoff and call from MAC with this Nucintosh?
Thank you.

Hi all, thank you for this great tutorial. I have a question and wondering if anyone has tried this before,

I have installed ElCapitan just fine, everything is working as expected on an M.2 hard drive. I also have a fully working WIn10 OS on another SSD drive that I had installed and was working with before I started installing OSX on the new M.2 drive.

is there a chance I can use my newly installed OSX on the M.2 drive in dual boot with my Win10 on SSD without reinstalling the windows portion? there has to be a dual boot configuration to all both drive to play nicely.
at this moment without any additional configuration Clover shows me all my drives/partitions; when choosing the OSX one it boots perfectly to OSX but when choosing the windows ones it just hangs on a windows logo.

thank you

I've got my 5i7RYH NUC running pretty well, with the exception of Bluetooth. Seems like it doesn't sleep the paired devices, so I burned through a set of batteries pretty quickly on my Apple trackpad. Any insight from the experts? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back