Graphics
HD 630 + GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. PowerBook
thanks for the info I try with hardware acceleration in the browser, as far as the boot after the update w10, always starts with windows, to me the procedure worked, basically it is the same thing as when you install it for the first time however getting the copy of the EFI folder and copy it to the EFI partition is the fastest thing to do if it should happen again

Thank you for the tip, however I'm not sure I understand. So you've installed Win10, and it's only booting to win10 -- how did you fix the EFI? The guide says use Unibeast USB to boot your internal OSX and change it from within OSX, but I wasn't able to boot OSX because of the 'root device' error. I could only boot the Unibeast OSX installer, or Win10. Can you mount/edit the EFI partition from Win10, is that what you mean?

I did get it to work with terminal, but I will probably need to do it again after Windows Update so I would be grateful to know an easier way.

Motherboard
ASUS B250M-C
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I would like to suggest an update to this guide it appears to be very important that you turn off the serial port in bios before attempting an install. I was able to normally load the installer after disabling the serial port in bios. However it is not mentioned in the guide that this is necessary and also the pictures of the bios settings don't show a disabled serial port.

image.jpg

Btw: Thanks slotcar car for your reply

This is my first hackintosh and i am hoping for some help with my first build. I followed the guide carefully, still I am having a problem with a kernel panic when trying to load the OSX Installer with Clover. Please see the Image.
View attachment 180114
I find this odd as i have almost exactly the same hardware as Slotcar except some minor differences listed below the quote

@Slotcar: have you done anything different as mentioned in the guide?

Here are the differences between slotcars hardware and mine
  • I only have the board of the NUC5i5MYHE namely the NUC5I5MYBE
  • I am trying to install OSX on a 500 GB Samsung Evo connected via SATA
  • Brand of RAM is different
  • I do not have a M.2 disk
  • My Dell DW1560 is still being shipped and therefore is not plugged into the board.

Here are some more details that might be of interest
  • My Monitor is connected via Original Apple DisplayPort to DVI Adapter to a Acer G247HYUsmidp
  • I've uploaded a video of the boot process >>here<<

Here is what I have tried so far without success
  • IGD Minimum Memory: 64, 128, 256 MB
  • all USB Ports
  • Setting ig-plattform id to '0x16160002' using Clover Configurator
  • Create Bootable USB Stick on different USB Stick
  • redownloading the El Capitian Package an recreate USB Stick with UniBeast (3 times)
  • UPDATE: Tested ram for faults with Memtest
  • UPDATE: Connected Monitor via VGA Adapter

I really need some help as I have no idea where to go from here. @Slotcar: Do you still have your USB Stick you used for installation or your config.plist - maybe you could send that to me to verify that we are doing the same thing.

CPU
i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This was my first time installing OSx on a non-native Apple product. Thank you very much for the clear and easy to follow directions. I didn't need to change any Bios settings and hopefully won't need to. I'm running Bios 0355.

I'm wondering what the chances are of using the built in WIFI? I'm using the ethernet port now. I don't have an immediate need for WIFI but I'm curious. Is this something that's still in development or will you start working on other projects and leave this the way it is?

Debating whether I should purchase the WIFI adapter or wait a couple months..

Thank you

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi, please excuse my english (french here)

first time with hackintosh

first here is my setup :
NUC5i3RYK
Kingston SSDNow M.2 SATA 120 Go
1xCrucial SO-DIMM 4 Go DDR3 1600 MHz CL11
Bios version 0348
Display is Dell U3415W (3440x1440px) on mDP

I followed every steps carefully and I reached the postinstall part.
OSX was working great (native resolution, network...)
After I finished postinstall (including iCloud settings), I restarted OSX.
Clover show "boot from nucintosh" (my drive name)
I hit enter (or wait for timeout) and then... nothing. A simple black screen.
When I hit power off button on the NUC, it shut down immediately (so I suppose nothing is booted)

If I plug my USB stick again and "boot from nucintish", I see the apple logo and just after that a "forbidden icon"

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 + GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. PowerBook
Hi, please excuse my english (french here)

first time with hackintosh

first here is my setup :
NUC5i3RYK
Kingston SSDNow M.2 SATA 120 Go
1xCrucial SO-DIMM 4 Go DDR3 1600 MHz CL11
Bios version 0348
Display is Dell U3415W (3440x1440px) on mDP

I followed every steps carefully and I reached the postinstall part.
OSX was working great (native resolution, network...)
After I finished postinstall (including iCloud settings), I restarted OSX.
Clover show "boot from nucintosh" (my drive name)
I hit enter (or wait for timeout) and then... nothing. A simple black screen.
When I hit power off button on the NUC, it shut down immediately (so I suppose nothing is booted)

If I plug my USB stick again and "boot from nucintish", I see the apple logo and just after that a "forbidden icon"

I think you are unfortunately swapping one (uncertain) issue for another (known) issue there. The problem you are having trying to boot the internal Mac OSX install from the Unibeast USB is likely a usb issue where the usb device is lost part way through the boot device. If you want to confirm this, try booting this way again, except highlight your internal drive (using the arrow keys on the keyboard), hit spacebar, and then select to boot in Verbose mode, which will tell you what is happening as it happens when you boot. If you get the 'waiting for root device' error, this problem is specific to trying to boot using usb and there are steps you can take to solve this, but I don't think it will solve your main problem. Just in case, I outlined those steps at the end of this post.

But let's get back to the main issue. Is it possible that you selected the wrong configuration settings when you ran Multibeast during post-install and/or placed the wrong kext in your EFI? Try booting from Clover to your internal drive (without your usb stick) in, without any other external drives plugged in, in verbose mode and see if you can get a screenshot if how far the boot gets. You might also try booting into safe mode (also by highlighting drive in Clover and pressing spacebar), which prevents the loading of certain devices/kexts and seeing if you are successful to narrow down if a rogue kext is causing the halt.

The simplest, though somewhat time-consuming, solution might be to completely re-install OSX using your unibeast USB and then do the post-install tasks one at a time, restarting each time and verifying a good boot. That would tell you exactly what the culprit was (upon first failed boot).

Ammulder might have an easier solution for you. Good luck, I hope you get it working happily.

Fixing boot from USB:
From here, the normal guide step is to use your Unibeast USB to boot clover, then boot your internal Mac OS, then fix the EFI partition from in Mac OS. This didn't work for me. I got the prohibited sign 'still waiting for root device' error, and a verbose boot attempt revealed that it was losing track of the Unibeast USB during boot attempt as expected. The proposed solution to this is:

• If you get all garbled text and/or the message "Still waiting for root device" with the prohibited sign:
    • Try the install USB in every single USB port on your case, motherboard, add-on PCI card, USB hub, etc. and see if it gets farther on any of those
    • If you're using a USB3 stick, use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports again
    • Try booting with cpus=1.

• If you have USB hub or a port replicator, try putting the install USB in there

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok, quick update before sleeping :

without USB key, verbose mode
2016-03-17 01.52.40.jpg

without usb key, safe mode
2016-03-17 01.54.30.jpg

internal drive with usb key, safe mode : laggy but working (was able to login)

by the way I was not able to reproduce the "forbidden icon" thing

(I used USB3 key and USB3 port whole time)

edit : Now its working, I have done all tasks again. I think I must have missed something yesterday.
thank you for your help

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
New problem : the system randomly reboots (usually after 10/15mn) with 0 apps open

Edit : just found the problem. its related to "energy saver" settings.
"turn display off after..." I fixed this to 1mn, and after 1mn of inactivity the system reboots itself

Is this something you are already aware of, and can I fix it ? (besides fixing it to "never")

Another bug : shutting down OSX reboot it automatically

Motherboard
GA-EP43-UD3L
CPU
Intel Q6600
Graphics
Nvidia GT440
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am reporting some issues with bluetooth and system sleep on NUC5i5RYH.

Issues:

1. Bluetooth

- Stock bluetooth: works OOB but there is excessive battery drainage of Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad
- GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode Micro USB Broadcom BCM20702 Adapter Dongle: works OOB without excessive battery drainage of Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad

2. Processor thermal trip on system sleep

- Would occur only when a USB bluetooth dongle is in use
- Instead of sleep, system would shutdown. Right before shutting down, the fan would go into maximum speed. Upon boot again, the processor thermal trip message would be shown.

Solution:

- Use GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Mode Micro USB Broadcom BCM20702 Adapter Dongle
- Use Keyboard Maestro to run an AppleScript which turns off bluetooth upon system sleep and turns on bluetooth upon system wake

Observation:

- AppleScript 1: turn off bluetooth
tell application "System Preferences"
set current pane to pane "com.apple.preferences.Bluetooth"
end tell

tell application "System Events"
tell process "System Preferences"
click button "Turn Bluetooth Off" of window "Bluetooth"
end tell
end tell

quit
end tell

- AppleScript 2: toggle bluetooth on and off
set current pane to pane "com.apple.preferences.Bluetooth"
end tell

tell application "System Events"
tell process "System Preferences"
set statName to name of button 3 of window 1 as string
set failSafe to 0

repeat until statName is not name of button 3 of window 1 as string ¬
or failSafe is 10
click button 3 of window 1
set failSafe to failSafe + 1
delay 0.1
end repeat
end tell
end tell

quit
end tell

- When run from Script Editor,
* AppleScript 1 would not turn off system bluetooth but all bluetooth devices would disconnect
* On the other hand, AppleScript 2 would always turn off system bluetooth reliably

- When AppleScript 1 is run from Keyboard Maestro upon system sleep,
* System sleep would occur
* Either Apple wireless keyboard or trackpad could be used to wake the system
* Bluetooth would be available upon system wake and both Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad are available readily

- When AppleScript 2 is run from Keyboard Maestro upon system sleep,
* Neither Apple wireless keyboard nor trackpad could be used to wake the system
* Bluetooth would not be available upon system wake and therefore, neither Apple wireless keyboard nor trackpad would be available

- When AppleScript 2 is run from Keyboard Maestro upon system sleep and upon system wake,
* Neither Apple wireless keyboard nor trackpad could be used to wake the system
* Bluetooth would be available upon system wake and both Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad would then connect and become available after a short delay

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i5RYH
CPU
i5-5250U
Graphics
HD 6000
New problem : the system randomly reboots (usually after 10/15mn) with 0 apps open

Edit : just found the problem. its related to "energy saver" settings.
"turn display off after..." I fixed this to 1mn, and after 1mn of inactivity the system reboots itself

Is this something you are already aware of, and can I fix it ? (besides fixing it to "never")

Another bug : shutting down OSX reboot it automatically
I used to have the same issues as you. If you searched this thread, you would also find the solution mentioned multiple times. ;-)
Turn off/disable DisplayPort 1.2 on your monitor and those issues disappear.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I used to have the same issues as you. If you searched this thread, you would also find the solution mentioned multiple times. ;-)
Turn off/disable DisplayPort 1.2 on your monitor and those issues disappear.

I don't understand this. I am using display port.

Status
Not open for further replies.