Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HM75, Samsung NP900X4C
CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD4000, 1600x900 native
Just finished a wipe and clean reinstall following guide precisely for my NUC5i5RYH.
Everything is flawless as before! using internal bluetooth, too (although for some reason it drains the battery of my bluetooth devices very quickly compared to a dongle).

However, I have one glaring issue: processor thermal trips during sleep.

I'm on BIOS 0355, and I used ammulder's power settings to prevent auto-restart after shutdown. However, during sleep, I get processor thermal trips.
It doesn't happen immediately; if I'm home and it sleeps, I can wake it up within a few minutes. But, when I go to work and let it sleep the whole day, it doesn't wake up, and when I hard boot, I see processor thermal trip. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Motherboard
NUC5i5RYH
CPU
Intel i5-5250U
Graphics
Intel HD6000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Greetings from Mainland China, I've got my own Intel NUC5i5RYH working on El Capitan followed your step by step guide, but I found the Intel HD6000 graphic failed to get full QE/CI acceleration, any way to it working with acceleration? Pls kindly help, thanks in advance!

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3MYHE (17D47)
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, just wanted to report that I (accidentally okayed and) ran the App Store 10.11.3 update from my original 10.11.1 install on my i3 NUC5i3MYHE and thankfully all looks to be A-OK. I had been avoiding the update for fear of boinking up my perfect little Nucintosh w/o a BMR-able backup, which I haven't had a chance to work on yet.

While I'm at it, happy to also report that ~5 or 6 weeks ago I got my mits on a refurbed Dell DW1560 card and followed the instructions at the top of the guide, and that blazingly fast 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth are working swimmingly as well. Mostly using the bluetooth for iMessages when I'm working at home on this thing. Don't think I ever reported back on that.

Ammulder, you are the BEST!! Thank you so much.

Has anyone tried to run the OS X El Capitan v10.11.2 update (the Nov 30th update) from 10.11.1?

I'm especially keen to hear if anyone has done it on the i3 NUC5i3MYHE.

There were three pieces to this update - the Recovery Update, The 10.11.2 update, and the Digital Camera Raw update. There was maybe an iTunes update in there too but I ran that one separately (no problems there).

Many thanks to all here for help!

Motherboard
MSI H310M Gaming Plus
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Just finished a wipe and clean reinstall following guide precisely for my NUC5i5RYH.
Everything is flawless as before! using internal bluetooth, too (although for some reason it drains the battery of my bluetooth devices very quickly compared to a dongle).

However, I have one glaring issue: processor thermal trips during sleep.

I'm on BIOS 0355, and I used ammulder's power settings to prevent auto-restart after shutdown. However, during sleep, I get processor thermal trips.
It doesn't happen immediately; if I'm home and it sleeps, I can wake it up within a few minutes. But, when I go to work and let it sleep the whole day, it doesn't wake up, and when I hard boot, I see processor thermal trip. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Me too...

Motherboard
NUC
CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 6100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Color Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I never thought to check until you mentioned it, but now that I look in Network Utility I see that mine is also at 100Mpbs.

I'd try both the latest AppleIntelE1000e and the latest IntelMausiEthernet drivers from the Downloads/Kexts section (not at the same time) and see if one of them gives 1Gbps speed. I can't do it myself right this moment but I'll try later.

I did try all the different drivers and I'm still not able to get Gig speeds. any other ideas ?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 + GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. PowerBook
Just an FYI for anyone who is attempting to dual boot according to the steps in the Appendix and gets this error when trying to select the partition to install windows on:
"windows 10 couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

It turns out that even if you the partition you are selecting is on the internal disk, if you have other external disks connected (USB hdds, SD card) the installer will still give you this message. I had to
1. disconnect all of my external disks
2. restart
3. delete the partition I had created for windows on the internal disk, along with the other little mini partitions the previous installer tried to create (the Win recovery partition, etc)

Then it worked.

Be careful you don't delete your Mac OSX partition or any other partitions you might need!
Happy hackintoshing.

Motherboard
intel
CPU
INTEL NUC5i3RYH
Graphics
intel
hi, I have a hackintosh NUC5i3RYH 10.11.3 el capitan, everything runs perfectly, sometimes from chrome or firefox browser, I have a black page and nuc restarts, any of you have the same problem, thank you for the answers.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 + GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. PowerBook
hi, I have a hackintosh NUC5i3RYH 10.11.3 el capitan, everything runs perfectly, sometimes from chrome or firefox browser, I have a black page and nuc restarts, any of you have the same problem, thank you for the answers.

If it only happens in the web browser, does it only happen on certain webpages? I'd be curious to know what's happening at the time and if you can narrow it down -- for example, is a plugin running like Flash or Silverlight (Netflix, Amazon video?) My other thought would be something with the built in GPU hardware acceleration in the browser(s). You can turn that off -- try that and see if it still happens:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/i...rdware-acceleration-in-google-chrome-3605455/

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-F
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 + GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. PowerBook
[Solved] Fixing Dual-Booting if you Can't Get back into OSX by booting clover from your Unibeast USB and selecting your internal Mac partition

I found a solution to an issue I was having and wanted to share it. I recently partition my working Hackintosh NUC Broadwell 5i5 internal drive to set up and install Win10 according to the Appendix for doing so in this guide.

Everything went okay (except, don't have any additional USB drives plugged in when you install Win10 -- see my post a few posts back in this thread), and the computer was booting Win10 by default as the Win10 installer plants itself as default boot in the EFI partition.

From here, the normal guide step is to use your Unibeast USB to boot clover, then boot your internal Mac OS, then fix the EFI partition from in Mac OS. This didn't work for me. I got the prohibited sign 'still waiting for root device' error, and a verbose boot attempt revealed that it was losing track of the Unibeast USB during boot attempt as expected. The proposed solution to this is:

• If you get all garbled text and/or the message "Still waiting for root device" with the prohibited sign:
    • Try the install USB in every single USB port on your case, motherboard, add-on PCI card, USB hub, etc. and see if it gets farther on any of those
    • If you're using a USB3 stick, use a USB2 stick and try all USB ports again
    • Try booting with cpus=1.
  • If you have USB hub or a port replicator, try putting the install USB in there

None of that worked for me.

What I did do was: boot the El Capitan installer from the Unibeast USB instead, then select Utilities > Terminal, and made the changes to the internal disk's EFI partition using the command line. At a high level, this looks something like this. be careful, these are not the exact commands and it will depend on the internal arrangement of your disks, and be careful in the EFI as always):

mkdir /Volumes/EFI (make a mounting point for your EFI partition)
mount_msdos dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI (mount the EFI to the mount point)
rename Microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi (rename the windows boot efi file as a backup)
copy Clover/cloverx64.efi to Microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi (copy the clover boot efi to the MS boot dir)

eject Unibeast USB and restart. clover bootloader should now boot and allow you to select either OS.

Motherboard
intel
CPU
INTEL NUC5i3RYH
Graphics
intel
thanks for the info I try with hardware acceleration in the browser, as far as the boot after the update w10, always starts with windows, to me the procedure worked, basically it is the same thing as when you install it for the first time however getting the copy of the EFI folder and copy it to the EFI partition is the fastest thing to do if it should happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.