i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I connect the NUC via mini-DP to hdmi, but 1080p only, sleep works fine. One other thing with HDMI is during clover boot screen it is 1440 not 1080, but it is boots into the desktop its 1080.
Same thing happens with a mini-hdmi to hdmi.

I'm not sure what to say. I have gotten full 4K resolution via both mini-HDMI to HDMI and and active mini-DP to HDMI. But if you say you get full resolution see times and not others, it doesn't sound like the adapters or cables are the problem, it sounds more like OS X is not detecting the monitor settings right. There's some way to manually generate an EDID for the monitor, though I don't recall the procedure off the top of my head. Might be worth looking into.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i5RYH
CPU
i5-5250U
Graphics
HD 6000
I have the NUC5i5 RYH with a Acer K272HUL 27" display.
When I connect to NUC to the display with a mini-DP to DP it works great, full resolution, except when the NUC is put to sleep it restarts!
[/CODE]
I had the same issue with the NUC restarting when the monitor enters sleep.
Sounds funny but you need to disable DP 1.2. I have a Dell monitor and whenever DP 1.2 is enabled, the NUC restarts when the monitor goes to sleep. When I disable DP 1.2 the monitor goes to sleep without the NUC restarting. :)

Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Carbon (Gen 3 20BS) - Clover
CPU
i7-5600U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1920x1080
rammo, there would be a lot of people interested in this. Do you have a GitHub link or something to share, even before it's completely working?

What ammulder said. If this is legit I would love to poke around and potentially contribute.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had the same issue with the NUC restarting when the monitor enters sleep.
Sounds funny but you need to disable DP 1.2. I have a Dell monitor and whenever DP 1.2 is enabled, the NUC restarts when the monitor goes to sleep. When I disable DP 1.2 the monitor goes to sleep without the NUC restarting. :)

Thanks that fixed it!

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Nvidia GT 710, Dual HDMI, 1080p
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Built-in hardware that doesn’t work due to lack of OS X drivers:

• Wireless and Bluetooth (except on the NUC5i3MYHE and NUC5i5MYHE where you can install your own compatible wireless m.2 card: one option is the Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) sold by Dell, Amazon, and occasionally others)
  • NFC
  • IR

If I use the NUC models ( NUC5i3MYHE and NUC5i5MYHE ) can I use these with the Apple broadcom WiFi-ac card and adapter ?

Will it fit ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Broad...761338?hash=item3a9be7c6ba:g:yWkAAOSw2XFUa5DU

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Built-in hardware that doesn’t work due to lack of OS X drivers:

• Wireless and Bluetooth (except on the NUC5i3MYHE and NUC5i5MYHE where you can install your own compatible wireless m.2 card: one option is the Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) sold by Dell, Amazon, and occasionally others)
  • NFC
  • IR

Does this DELL DW1560 WiFi-ac card work Vanilla with OS-X Yosemite and El Capitain ?

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I use the NUC models ( NUC5i3MYHE and NUC5i5MYHE ) can I use these with the Apple broadcom WiFi-ac card and adapter ?

Will it fit ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Broad...761338?hash=item3a9be7c6ba:g:yWkAAOSw2XFUa5DU

No. That's a PCIe half-mini card, which is a different form factor than the m.2 slot on the NUC. That will not physically fit/connect in the NUC.

Does this DELL DW1560 WiFi-ac card work Vanilla with OS-X Yosemite and El Capitain ?

Not if by "vanilla" you mean "out of the box with no drivers." It works fine, but you need the four kexts described in the first post (two FakePCIID for WiFi, two BrcmPatchRAM for Bluetooth).

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
4GHZ
Graphics
NVIDIA 128
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
rammo, there would be a lot of people interested in this. Do you have a GitHub link or something to share, even before it's completely working?

Hi. No sorry not yet, however i will create one once i feel its closer to a release, so that people can compile it on their own and also feel safe there is nothing hidden :)

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. No sorry not yet, however i will create one once i feel its closer to a release, so that people can compile it on their own and also feel safe there is nothing hidden :)

For what it's worth I was more thinking that people could see what kind of techniques are necessary to get a WiFi driver going on OS X, and also you might get some testers who could report results on different boards or with different power-saving configurations and etc.

But let us know when you're ready.

corei3cpu

Banned
Motherboard
HP Intel 6300
CPU
Intel i5-3470
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No. That's a PCIe half-mini card, which is a different form factor than the m.2 slot on the NUC. That will not physically fit/connect in the NUC.

Not if by "vanilla" you mean "out of the box with no drivers." It works fine, but you need the four kexts described in the first post (two FakePCIID for WiFi, two BrcmPatchRAM for Bluetooth).

What if you Piggy back the Apple Wifi card with adpater ontop of this adapter?
Apple Wifi + 2 adapters?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQ1Y5UA/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Or this one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JGR3VB8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Do you think this will fit ?