Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] 10.11 on Intel Broadwell NUC 2.0

A headphone experiment:
1. install native AppleHDA,kext
2. run cloverALC-110
3. delete property: config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item ?/Comment: t1-10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC...
4. restart
Reply with IOJones.

HDMI is a different problem.

To be clear, I did have audio working using a specific AppleHDA.kext that you supplied way back when (it's the one linked in the first post here). However, I could not get the cloverALC-110 to work, I only got audio working by substituting that specific AppleHDA.kext.

Now I have tried what you listed above. I reverted back to the GM version of AppleHDA.kext, rebooted, ran the script, removed the first of the three entries it added to config.plist (with the comment specified above), and rebooted again. That also fixed the problem. With that both HDMI audio and the headphone jack work.

Here's the IOJones: View attachment nuc5i7.iojones

I feel like for the moment it's still nicer to have the specific AppleHDA.kext in the guide, because the cloverALC script also writes the kext to the EFI partition badly if you have your kexts in Other/ instead of 10.10/ and 10.11/ (I put in a bug on GitHub, but if you have only CLOVER/kexts/Other/... it writes CLOVER/kexts/10.11/Resources/Info.plist). If you can update the script to fix that and to not write the one kext tweak above into config.plist for this configuration, though, it would be great.

I am also getting the slashed circle on El Capitan GM on my 5i5ryk. I have tired all versions of osaptofix and osaptofix2 (both with and without eachother) and I have also compiled clover and reinstalled over the previous version.
Kexts folder nothing exists in there other than the other folder which contains the the intel network kext and fakesmc.

I am out of ideas how I can boot this thing into el cap. (also tried slide values 0,10, 100 to no avail)

Any Ideas?

So I tried my NUC5i5RYK again. Here's what I get:

* Boot 1: slashed circle (almost immediately).
* Boot 2: get to the apple logo and the progress bar goes on sorta indefinitely. Eventually I hard power off.
* Boot 3: works fine

It seems to cycle like that. When I boot verbose on the one I expect to be a slashed circle (#1), it gives an allocation error, which I think means the Aptio problem. I need to get a current build of the AptioFix.efi on here and see if that changes things. I haven't tried verbose on a #2 yet.

So... that's probably not too helpful. I would say, if you get a slashed circle, try again immediately twice before you give up. Meanwhile let me try to get the current Aptio fix and report back on that one.

OK I just tried using the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in this post on the NUC5i5RYK, and I got three good boots in a row. So that one works for me.

I would do this:
  1. Mount your EFI partition, something like
    Code:
    mkdir /Volumes/EFI && sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
  2. Delete any copies of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi or OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  3. Get the zip from the post above, unzip it, and copy the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from there to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  4. Unmount or eject the EFI partition
  5. Reboot

If you're still at the stage of booting from a USB stick, you'd make the change there, and then make it again on the internal disk's EFI partition once you get running from the internal disk.

If you've done the install but can't boot to it, try booting in Single-User Verbose Mode. You can run the two commands it gives you to mount the / filesystem read-write, then run all the commands above (though without the sudo since you're root already). To unmount the EFI and restart when you're finished, run:
Code:
cd /
umount /Volumes/EFI
reboot

Thanks for that.

Yup I just did that just now, and all it does is instantly reboots.

Could you share your clover efi folder please, just to eliminate causes of the problem. Thanks.

Thanks for that much appreciated, it is still failing so it has to be something else.
Does the same copy of the clover config have to be running on the main system drive as the USB for it to work?
What BIOS version are you running? I have the latest. Perhaps that might be it.

BIOS is RYBDWi35.86A.0246.2015.0309.1355.

Someone had a problem where their LAN was disabled in BIOS and that caused reboots. Maybe check that. You can check a lot of the settings against the set of BIOS photos in the first post, for that matter.

Latest version is 0350, so it looks like you are a few versions out. Ill see if I can find an old version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back