Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you enter this information?

All those settings are in the SMBIOS setting of EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. If you don't want to edit it by hand you can use Clover Configurator (File / Open / SMBIOS / magic wand / select machine / hit both "shake" buttons a few times / close screen / File / Save).

I'm not sure whether that's talking about KextBeast or the kext it's trying to install or another kext that was previously installed. Does it indicate what file the problem is with?

You can download KextBeast or any individual kexts again. If it's having trouble with one that's already installed, you can just use Finder to move it to the trash, and then use KextBeast to install a new copy.

thanks yes sorry for not being more clear... I have downloaded kext beast and the kexts that are needed for my wifi. I have downloaded kext beast on 3 different macs 2 hackintosh and and my macbook air. however every time I double click on the kextbeast app it says its corrupted... I find it hard to believe it is a bad download on 3 different machines.

thanks for your help... I will see if I can get one of the other kext installers to download and give them a try...

success!!

I was able to find and download kext wizard.

It would be great if multibeast had a custom kext load that would allow us to add additional kext as needed.

I am using the dell m.2 ac wireless card I get over 50mb down and up on my 50mb fios with google ac router.

I am also using samsung 850evo m.2 500gb drive and that seems to work great...

so here is how I did the install

installed hardware

• created unibeast usb installer
  • copied over multibeast, kexts for wireless and kext wizard.
  • connected monitor mouse and keyboard and powered on nuc.
  • made all the edits to the nuc bios (make sure you are carefull to find all of the edits as some of the nucs vary a bit.
  • booted unibeast
  • installed osx
  • booted again from clover on usb
  • ran multibeast, selected latest mac mini, alc283 intel1000, clover for ufei (followed the main elcapitan install guide on this site)
  • ran kext wizard and installed wireless card kexts
  • rebooted
  • ran updates in mac store.

video flickers on startup when logging in... not sure why.

system does not go into sleep .. leave monitor black but on with curser showing ...
system does power down and stays powered down
audio works

thank you very much for providing this guide and spending hours of your own time helping us get things going ...

Dud you install the two SSDTs for your system into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ ?

no and I was just looking at my system info and saw that it said no kext loaded so I was thinking I may be missing something else...

will look at adding it now..

UPdate

I placed the two ssdt files into this folder one efi drive EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

first reboot showed the (do not enter) sign, second reboot showed heavy distortion and it locked up, third reboot showed the static screen but it booted into the system and video was very nice... now I am getting some issues with the system locking up (UPDATE again) the locking up is my display cutting out... I am using a dp to hdmi to dvi

also just for reference I have been doing all of this with bios 015 that is the initial bios for this version. I am in the process of updating the bios now to 026 (latest version with tons of updates.

same issue with bios 026 as with 032 on the i3 when I shut down the machine starts right back up... I noticed that in the bios update where were some changes to s3/s4/s5 states...

UPDATE BIOS just downgraded to bios 024 (next one down the list) this fixe the shutdown/restart issues seen on bios 32 for the I3.

OK, I've updated the guide in the first post to use MultiBeast. No need to change anything if you've already got it running, but for a new install it should be a little more streamlined now. :)

Okay, so I finally bit the bullet and purchased some items for a Nuc Hackintosh

I purchased the following:
  • LG Electronics UM67 29UM67 29-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor $249
  • Intel NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH Barebone System BOXNUC5I7RYH $399
  • Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory CT2KIT102464BF160B / CT2CP102464BF160B $55
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM) $148
  • D-Link Wireless N-150 Mbps USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter (DWA-121) $24

The total cost is approximately $910.

Am I missing anything? I have a keyboard and mouse at home. Also a flash drive somewhere.

Some people have said they got the integrated Bluetooth working, but I'm not sure that's 100% true (not sure it will pair with devices even if "enabled"). Maybe someone using the integrated Bluetooth can speak up?

The only USB adapter I have used myself is a WiFi-only model with a Realtek chip. Anything with an OS X driver should work, though, so long as there's an El Capitan version of the driver available. This might be a better question for the Networking forum.

Hi Ammulder,

I have tried the bluetooth. At least it can connect with my iphone. So now the only thing left is the wifi. I will try to get one with realtek chip.

I'm considering to buy a GB-BXi3-5010 as a second hackintosh. However, I'm not certain if this will work. The Intel NUC 5i3-5010 seems to work as suggested in this thread, but does require a patched SSDT. Is it likely that this SSDT will also work with the afore mentioned GB-BXi3-5010.

I'm considering to buy a GB-BXi3-5010 as a second hackintosh. However, I'm not certain if this will work. The Intel NUC 5i3-5010 seems to work as suggested in this thread, but does require a patched SSDT. Is it likely that this SSDT will also work with the afore mentioned GB-BXi3-5010.

You may be confusing SSDT with DSDT. There is no "patched" SSDT, nor does the NUC require a patched DSDT. Virtually any machine works better with some SSDTs in place (such as for CPU power saving). In most cases you can avoid patching the DSDT anyway if you have enough config.plist-fu. RehabMan, for instance, has worked magic in his BRIX configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back